Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my order today!

mostly.

By that I mean that I got my Punisher kit (VERY nice), some airframe material, a few bits of hardware, and most importantly my epoxy/adhesives. All my reloads are coming later.

Which is just fine. I was fretting that this order was delayed due mainly to the epoxy. See, the vast majority of my year's build time is in the winter, as I have that time off of work and the rest of the year I'm VERY busy with limited time to build. I had attempted to hedge my bets during the BSS by only ordering reloads that showed as "in stock" so that my order wouldn't be delayed by any AP shipments. Plus I crossed my fingers real hard in hopes that I'd be one of the lucky ones that got their orders earlier. But it didn't work out that way, and my order ended up being delayed by quite a bit. MY bad luck, NOT Wildman's fault (so stop right there if you are about to complain about my complaining). Anywho, more than half of the winter's build season has passed and I was beginning to really worry as I had a whole bunch of building that was stalled waiting on epoxy. If I didn't get this building done NOW, it might be many months before I have the time to do it.

So I contacted Jackie/Tim with my situation, and asked what we could do. If it was just one motor or two holding everything else up, I was happy to cancel them, or get credit, or split the shipment, or whatever. I really just needed the epoxy. Jackie said that she'd ship the epoxy out right away. Great! (and good customer service of course). But today I was surprised with all the rest of the stuff - everything sans motors! I really don't need any of the motors for a while anyway so this is perfect.

Thanks Jackie/Tim for doing me right - Wildman is good people. Now I can get some building done!
And when that box of reloads comes in, that will be another happy day (but one I have time to wait for).

s6

I got my order today!

mostly.

... mostly.

My friends and I have an inside joke about ... mostly.

In the movie Aliens, the little girl Newt tells Ripley they better get inside before dark because the aliens "mostly come at night... mostly..."

Here it is:

[video=youtube;B436avtEXzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B436avtEXzs[/video]

Or if you prefer:

[video=youtube;wKdocYeSqTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKdocYeSqTA[/video]

Somehow in our version there is a more dramatic pause before the "... mostly." And it is said in a more downcast inflection that kind of trails off depressingly. We mostly use it after a few drinks... mostly...

just got a tracking notice last night..... I couldn't sleep at all!

Its going to be a long three days!

The 2 items that were missing from my orer came in yesterday. Thanks Wildman!

Nate

A big box was on the porch today. It took the better part of an hour to sort the loose parts into what I think are the correct kits and do a quick inventory. My L3 motor and hardware are now in hand for later this year. My build pile is now awesomely / depressingly big. The Punisher looks to be a fun build as well as some of the "sport" size class of kits to fill out the smaller end of my HPR stable. Now to find some free time!

Doug

Still waiting........................................................................................................

JD

Still waiting........................................................................................................

JD

Me Too............ Oh well no time to build, or a Field to fly on currently.........

JD

Me too. I have enough inventory that it doesn't really matter though. I've built most of my back log kits. Been trying to fly motor inventory I bought in the 2008-2010 range before it starts to get tougher to light. Plus older stuff I acquired in buyouts from people leaving the hobby that doesn't make in to my vintage collection, but old in terms of flight motors.

IMG_20150121_161349559.jpg

Look what I found when I got home..

Thank you Wildman!!

I'm not in a so called rush but, come on; 2 months???
I have ordered from just about everyone out there and have received my packages from them.........
A measly 6 AT G 138's holding up the rest of my order.

JD

Me too. I have enough inventory that it doesn't really matter though. I've built most of my back log kits. Been trying to fly motor inventory I bought in the 2008-2010 range before it starts to get tougher to light. Plus older stuff I acquired in buyouts from people leaving the hobby that doesn't make in to my vintage collection, but old in terms of flight motors.

I'm not in a so called rush but, come on; 2 months???
I have ordered from just about everyone out there and have received my packages from them.........
A measly 6 AT G 138's holding up the rest of my order.

JD
JD no body is more frustrated than me with this delay.
At least its not only me they are behind with its everybody.
I would have sent the rest out except, the haz on the 138's

I hear you on that!
It doesn't make it any easier when UPS raised their rates

JD

JD no body is more frustrated than me with this delay.
At least its not only me they are behind with its everybody.
I would have sent the rest out except, the haz on the 138's

Just wondering if there are any updates.... I didn't have any motors, just a 2.6" Patriot 54 and a Saab Sport. I know the 2.6" parts were held up to mid-January, did it get delayed further?
Thanks

Last Saturday, Tim said 2.6" tubes just came in late last week but there's some short delay in nosecones... Not his fault, and should be rectified soon.

We (KenRico, Exactimator and me) got our stuff just in time for Kenny to break his leg. OUCH!!! The Punisher parts and OneBadHawk kevlar harnesses look very nice. WM somehow forced me to get a bigger bin for propellant. Not sure how he does that...

Any estimated timeline?

Have a launch at the end of Feb... Wouldn't mind utilizing one of the motors I ordered...

We (KenRico, Exactimator and me) got our stuff just in time for Kenny to break his leg. OUCH!!! The Punisher parts and OneBadHawk kevlar harnesses look very nice. WM somehow forced me to get a bigger bin for propellant. Not sure how he does that...

Actually, we're still waiting on an AT L1000 and some G75 single use. We asked Wildman to do a partial shipment and he was happy to do so. Now I have rocketpoxy, a pile of CTI propellant and an AT K535 to play with while we wait for the rest.

Actually, we're still waiting on an AT L1000 and some G75 single use. We asked Wildman to do a partial shipment and he was happy to do so. Now I have rocketpoxy, a pile of CTI propellant and an AT K535 to play with while we wait for the rest.

I am sure WM had AP orders placed before end of November, my guess a MFG has been slow to fill the entire order.

And we were told about certain nosecones and CTI Pro75 2.0 HW initially also .

Kenny

We have been sending out the 2.6 stuff since Monday .
Some AT showed up yesterday and we will ship what we can out of that starting tomorrow .
The pile is getting much smaller.

Patience. Word on the street last week was they were getting a huge shipment this week from a certain vendor that manufactures motors...

Patience... But then again I'm looking forward to getting my fix ;)

You guys think you have problems?
My order was sent to Australia........

Now I have to fly down there to get it.

Back