Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any full length (not stubby) kits over 3" diameter.
Natural FG color
3 or 4 fins MAX -- no more split fins.

Don't care about propellant......just saying.....

Seriously, If you had the choice natural/ green or black?

Natural tubes or kits?
For those wondering, all it means is plain, raw, un-tinted fiberglass, which has a greenish cast to it.Lots of propellant eh? This ones very doable.

Lots of propellant eh? Well now...that's doable.

Simple answer: If there was only one option - I'd prefer natural. More versatile, and better to build with.

Longer answer: I love the black fiberglass - it's cool. For that matter I like other colored glass offerings out there too. I've got a few black/colored glass rockets, and will likely buy more. But having ONLY black is not so good. Natural green has a lot of advantages. Its definitely better to build with for one - easier to mark, easier to see what's going on inside during glue-ups, etc. And of course, the translucency is great for night rockets. The black fiberglass is becoming something of a "signature" thing for Wildman, and that sets Wildman apart from the competition I suppose. But couldn't any manufacturer offer black pretty much any time? Seems like a marketing edge that could be lost pretty easily.

So, my suggestion would be to offer all the kits/parts in natural green as standard. But then offer black as a special option, or a limited edition, or somesuch. I suppose you could reverse that too - making black as standard, with natural/green as an option.

Either way, I'm sure we'll all keep buying and flying Wildman. It's de good shtuff.
s6

Ooh ooh I got one, how about an eagle claw jr.? I'd buy that in a flash.

Nate

Last edited:
I would like an Extreme Wildman, all black (or a great price on an Ultimate Wildman would even be better).

Last edited:
I am "staring down the barrel" of my up-coming L3 attempt.. ... What I need is a killer deal on a Cessaroni 75mm hardware and reload combination. I wish CTI would offer a deal similar to the L2 & L1 cert. attempts where you can buy the reload and get the hardware free. Right now I'm leaning towards the CTI 6g case (and closures) with a 1590 Classic reload ... since I have a goal of pushing this 4" build to above 25K. AND like most everyone else on here, I'm VERY grateful that you have made this hobby doable by continuing to offer such great deals on reloads during your BS sale!! Thank you!

I'm just getting started with HPR and would love to see some motor hardware on sale. Maybe something like the CTI starter set.

Are the sales mostly focused on Wildman products, or are other brands, like LOC, also discounted sometimes? I've got my eye on some LOC kits.

Need a link here to the "Propellant P*rn" from a couple of years ago when the truck dropped off the skids of reloads to Tim :grin:

30% of Aerotech and 30% off CTI propellant......and not certain types of propellants, ALL of them!!

I dream from awesome deals on big birds or FG tubing in 6" and 8"... or tubing even better....yes Tim, pls give me some nice prices on 8x48 or 8x60 in Black please...Need to build something crazy...a BOMARC? or a Rheintochter?
Give us some cool offers on Nosecones & transitions in different forms... for scratch builders and scale builders so important...you do not need your old Proline stocks & parts anymore, do you? :lol:

Natural FG color

^^^ This... Yes definitely this... ^^^

I can say that the $99 barebones 4" Darkstar DD kit was a deal that really got me hooked in HPR. I can see a 4" kit being a popular item and I would recommend an optional "accessory pack" to go with them - include a retainer, kevlar, parachute, etc for a bundled add-on price to make it an all-inclusive deal. This is a GREAT way to help out those who are new to HPR get everything easily in a "one stop shop" but not require people to buy it in case they don't need it.

Personally, I am considering a L3 attempt next year - if there is a tall 6" or 8" kit for a killer price I might jump on it. I was tempted by the Ultimate Darkstar last year but I didn't have the funds (and I didn't want to do another split-fin build). I also might be tempted by a CTI 75mm starter kit but I don't know - I think that I might be a full-time Loki convert for Level-3 type motors.

Honestly I think that I would be most excited for some new kits from Wildman - the V2 is a great addition but I would love to see some new stuff. Develop something new and interesting or do another contest for ideas. I think that there is a market for a limited run of a new design that is unique to the BS sale.

Just my 2 cents. I look forward to seeing what the deals are this year!

Hey CJ, How about completing the Jart family with a 3" version?:wink:

You know, I was thinking about the sale about 2-3 weeks ago, and already have a list of motors.... But, a 4" DS would be mighty tempting! Phil L.

3 Years ago he had a super sale on 1, 2, and some 3 grain CTI motors for 40% off and several others at 35% off. That was sweet. I bought a few things the year after, and nothing at all (other than the WildMan Club membership) last year. I've already taken advantage of quite a few sales this summer and fall at several vendors, plus one that visits our launches a few times per year - my personal thanks to all our vendors. I'm pretty stocked up now and will be tempted only by really special deals.

Need a link here to the "Propellant P*rn" from a couple of years ago when the truck dropped off the skids of reloads to Tim :grin:

Oh you mean these.
Pallets full of CTI Skidmarks ,and even an 6in. "O" skid we flew in the Mega DarkStar.

Don't have link to thread, BUT I do have the pics...LOL

By the way.... the elves are listening & sorting & compiling all these comments........all of them. Looking for the common themes.

100_2592.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2602.jpg

100_2651.jpg

100_2654.jpg

100_2656.jpg

Last edited:
Oh you mean these.
Pallets full of CTI Skidmarks ,and even an 6in. "O" skid we flew in the Mega DarkStar.

Don't have link to thread, BUT I do have the pics...LOL

Ha! That's THEM, Jimbo! All that AP goodness :cheers:

Since we're BS-ing..

In no particular order:-

Would love a deal on a PML Pterodactyl w/- 98mm MMT.
Didn't have the funds at the time for the 6" V-2 intro price. Would seriously consider it if it came again.
As mentioned above, would love a SAAB in any scale, but 54-98mm MMT would be good.
A 2" Eagle Claw DD would be fun.
I need an AT 38/1320 case w/- tapped fwd closure and a Blackhawk38 to put them in.

But the number one thing I -really- need is a painting fairy to finish some projects for me.. :facepalm: :flyingpig:

I have a pretty short list all things considered. Looking to get a CTI 6 Grain case and some spacers (already have the 3 grain case). That opens the door to a LARGE selection of motors. I guess I'll pick a couple of those up too :p. Gotta stock up for next years launches! I have a big boy job now so I can splurge a little!

Matt

How about some scratch building components? FW tubes, NCs, G10 sheet, etc?

Alex

I think a bigger V2 might be a hit. Say... an 8" tube? I'd probably take a loan for that.

I don't know if its been brought up but how about free hazmat.

I thought I caught wind of some 11.5" FWFG hitting the market soon. Couple that with the nice scale V-2 nose cones that are out there (one sitting in my parts pile) and we'd have a neat rocket kit.

I would love to see deals on Aero Packs, chutes, etc.

Also a DD 3" Shape shifter with a 54mm motor mount would be cool...

I've read through all the different posts in this thread, and I think I can summarize it --- put EVERYTHING on sale, and ship it out for FREE!

Natural FG color

Hit the nail on the head - definitely with Fred on this one. Full length natural green kits in 4" or 5" would be sweet!
I don't see myself buying much in the way commercial loads in the near future...

Back