Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Wildman BS orders never come until the new year. I think I always buy just enough of the back-ordered motors and kits that I'm always waiting. It was clear during the sale that some kit components wouldn't be in until January, so I would be shocked to see anything before then. I actually don't mind the wait. I think if my order showed up before Christmas my kids would be envious of my huge Christmas stash and I might, just might feel a wee bit bad.
:grinch:

....might

-brant

I don't mind the wait at all. It's part of the "experience". One day...when I least expect it...I will have a pleasant surprise!

Cheers,
Michael

My V2 Sport has arrived. Thanks Tim.

I suspect that I got delivery notice becasue of my UPS settings rather than Tim taking time from shipping to send one. UPS' system has associated my postal address with my email address. It's not the same email I get when a vendor sends me a notice.

Now to sit back and wait for Tim to offer a SAAB Sport.
you mean like this

3rd December 2014, 02:00 AM #813

daveyfire

daveyfire is offline Piled Higher and Deeper TRF_ADMIN.png

Quote Originally Posted by DavieRockets View Post

I passed on the SAAB RB-05a sport and SAAB RB-05A-98 kits during the sale because I could not find enough info on these. Anyone have specs, actual kit photos or a Rocksim file??
Ooh pick me!

Here's the SAAB Sport:
Click image for larger version. Name: IMG_8409.jpg Views: 106 Size: 158.7 KB ID: 248115
(Rocksim file attached) 54mm airframe, 38mm hole, nice new molded high Tg composite nose cone. It needs a little nose weight but I'm really looking forward to flying it at the next ROC launch in two weeks!

You can find CJ and his Punisher over here. 76mm airframe, 54mm hole, same awesome new cone with a re-engineered built-in head end dual deployment system and a silica-phenolic tip. I have three 3"/54mm rockets already and I'm having a really hard time resisting this one!

The 4" SAAB I have files for but they're on my other computer. 98mm airframe, 76mm hole, 3/16" G10 fins, head end dual deployment. It's a SAAB Extreme in every sense of the word. That one's gonna take a little more noseweight...

Attached Files Attached Files File Type: rkt Wildman_SAAB_Jr.rkt (51.9 KB, 30 views)

David Reese
TRA 5590 TAP
https://davidree.se

you mean like this

I did see that post at the time - but couldn't seem to find the kit during the sale. The bigger SAAB, yes. Maybe I just overlooked the 'sport' version.

I haven't looked at the sim file. Was that 54mm/29mm (airframe/motor mount) like the other sports, or 66mm/38mm?

I assume Rocketpoxy is holding my (Andrew Reilley) order back as well?

Good thing my order doesn't have Rocketpoxy. Maybe the hold up is the F39 Reloads..... or the fact that I was difficult

54/38mm

I did see that post at the time - but couldn't seem to find the kit during the sale. The bigger SAAB, yes. Maybe I just overlooked the 'sport' version.

I haven't looked at the sim file. Was that 54mm/29mm (airframe/motor mount) like the other sports, or 66mm/38mm?

I'm not sure it is going to be any help in actually getting the orders out faster if we all ask for status updates through TRF. It might be better just to let them work on fulfilling orders instead of replying to status requests. If you have a certain date you want or need your order by, you might do better to call them directly. If you are just curious or excited about getting your order, and you don't have an urgent need to get it by a certain date, then it might be better to just let them focus on getting it processed.

No ship notification here yet. But I had an order from both black sat and wacky wed sales combined in one shipment so no rush. Propellant will be waiting for me at AIRFest 2015! Hopefully I get the two kits built and ready by then.

Can't wait to see the punisher, or the eagle claw sport!

Thanks,
Rod

Just to put it out there I did not get a shipping notification but did receive my package of stuff on Sunday.

NOTICE: This is not Wildman's order update hotline. I would suggest calling if you have a question about your order. But also remember that in the BS sale email that we got, and in numerous places on these sale threads, we were asked to call when we placed our order if you needed something quickly. There were also a few items on the sale that clearly indicated they wouldn't even be ready until January due to component supplies.

Stay calm and build something you already have in your pile while you wait. Who knows, maybe you'll get something for Three Kings Day!

FYI: I talked to Tim yesterday because my CC payment didn't go through for some reason. While we were talking I told him that if I got my order by the middle of January I'd be happy. He laughed and told me that my order was basically ready to go and was just waiting on the Rocketpoxy to come in. If you ordered anything with a 2.6" or 4" NC they aren't going to ship until next month though.

FYI: I talked to Tim yesterday because my CC payment didn't go through for some reason. While we were talking I told him that if I got my order by the middle of January I'd be happy. He laughed and told me that my order was basically ready to go and was just waiting on the Rocketpoxy to come in. If you ordered anything with a 2.6" or 4" NC they aren't going to ship until next month though.

...which is exactly why he had this verbiage on the Black Saturday sales page. :)

Our 4" nosecones are currently in production, with delivery expected in time to allow us to ship 4" kits in early February. We will ship as soon as they're available. 2.6" tubing (Patriot) is on order and will arrive in time to ship by mid-January.

-Kevin

Yes, but how many guys actually read that? It isn't there to go look at now either. :p

I was just trying to give a friendly reminder.

...which is exactly why he had this verbiage on the Black Saturday sales page. :)

-Kevin

Recieved my stuff today. Well, most of it. I got everything but my RRC3. Are those still on backorder?

L3 Time :horse: :grin:

Alex

Back