Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got off the phone with Tim. Spent WAY TOO MUCH but got some really good deals on hardware but only 1 rocket this time (punisher) I got 2 of the V2 sports on Wednesday. Steve and Jason are "Helping Tim"' not sure how making jokes about punishing him with a harness is helping but It made the call much more fun!

Cj

Well, just went back in and "double-dipped" to get some more stuff. Hope Tim/Jackie see my note to combine shipping. I was fairly conservative this year...

1. Punisher
  2. Aeropack 3" to 54" tailcone combo (for above)
  3. Aeropack 98mm body for in-progress project
  4. CTI 54mm 6 grain case
  5. CTI threaded closure
  6. RocketPoxy combo deal

Last edited:
Have the Aeropack retainers Ben modified for the thin wall tubes? My 3" to 54 retainer mates up well with my original Performance Rocketry Intimidator 3. Seems like one would need to turn it down to avoid having a lip.

Have the Aeropack retainers Ben modified for the thin wall tubes? My 3" to 54 retainer mates up well with my original Performance Rocketry Intimidator 3. Seems like one would need to turn it down to avoid having a lip.

Just checked, They fit perfect. I think they fit better than the older tubing.

Just checked, They fit perfect. I think they fit better than the older tubing.

I sometimes had to take a Dremel and grind down the outside of the old tubes to get them to fit. Good to hear it's not proving to be necessary with the new tubing.

-Kevin

I sometimes had to take a Dremel and grind down the outside of the old tubes to get them to fit. Good to hear it's not proving to be necessary with the new tubing.

-Kevin

Agreed; sometimes the fit was actually too snug. Had to work a bit just to get it on.

The Wildman has come up with superb rocket design....
The Punisher.....
It's 3" glass with a 54 mm mount and the head end deployment method makes the overall length of the rocket
less then it would be for a conventional av bay in the coupler set up.........
To make this deal even more appealing I have made up special harnesses to his specification...
I have never offered this material anywhere near this price,,, I can't,, I pay too much for it to be able to offer it at this price...
These harnesses will be available at this price with the purchase of a Punisher kit..............

Here's a link..............

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/Produ...x?product=5798

Teddy

Tough crowd here. Now if I got a few $100 donations from all the people here that want me to get this kit, I might be a little more motivated. I'm sure Kevin would jump on that deal, right? Sharon is after me about it, anybody else want to jump in here?

Wayne, you should've eaten that bacon -- it wouldn't have messed with your head like whatever you did eat.

And here I thought you were in AZ, not CO.....

-Kevin

Okay, I REALLY wish Tim would shut down the sale now. I already spent WAY too much money (even though I ordered less items than I intended to), and that BSS page is still up! It's tempting me to spend more! It's calling my name saying, "you know you wanted a couple more items didn't you?" I'm not sure I have the strength to hold back. I don't have the money, I can't afford more, it would be stupid to add to my order, but.........., but........... the dang sale is STILL ON!

I may have to lock myself in a closet until the end of the day.

s6

Since I can't transport propellant over the border from Canada - US I took advantage of the BS sale with a launch pick-up. I will have 19840 Ns waiting for me at LDRS 34. Total was just over 4.3 cents per Ns, a pretty good deal. Knowing it is there waiting for me takes some of sting out of a 9 hour ferry ride and 20 some hours of driving to get to LDRS from Nova Scotia.

Greg

I ordered two Aeropack 54mm retainers. I know the 54P was suggested for the Patriot kit but I wondered if the flange type would look better. So, I ordered both. Heck of a deal. I really want to jump on that 75mm hardware deal. I'm going to have to pass it up and pay regular Wildman club discounted price another time.

Is the Black Saturday sale over!?!?!?

I'm on the Wildman homepage and I see no "Black Saturday Sale" link in the main menu which was there about 45 minutes ago!

Edit: Yep. It's over. Ended at 10:00AM on the Left Coast.

Looks like I'll be getting that new Modern Sporting Rifle after all.

Last edited:
L3 Cert begins today. Purchased an Ultimate Wildman!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
Awesome Jeff! How much have you planned so far? I missed the deals, kinda forgot I was in a different time zone...

Congrats on the great deals. I finally found the ability to resist the great deals.

A great deal on 2 pink flamingos is only a great deal if you need them.

Awesome Jeff! How much have you planned so far? I missed the deals, kinda forgot I was in a different time zone...

Just made my shopping list for L3. I need to talk to Sather. Between not having a lot of building time, plus funding other supplies, plus funding motors for next year, not sure when it will be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

It must be over. I don't see the Black Saturday link now. I bought a crap-ton of propellant and went back about one minute after placing my order to check on some hardware, and the link was gone! Maybe I just barely made it!

Were prices being adjusted on the fly? I had filled a shopping cart, went to discuss it with my wife, and when I came back, the cart was empty. When I filled it back up again, I added a couple more items, and the total was noticeably higher. I think that some of the AT SU motors had reverted to normal prices during the time I was mulling over my order, so I may have missed out on a few deals I had in my earlier shopping cart.

I still got some GREAT deals on the CTI propellant. Now I just have to hope I actually receive the hardware for Christmas...

Congrats on the great deals. I finally found the ability to resist the great deals.

A great deal on 2 pink flamingos is only a great deal if you need them.

Right?! Somehow I resisted yet another kit of roughly the same size and performance of rockets I already own. However, grabbing the RocketPoxy, Aeropack, and RRC3 was certainly worth getting up in the morning for!

Back