Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm cool to wait. No urgency for my order at all.
In fact, I'm happy if it can all ship as one package as I placed three orders.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all at Wildman RS
Len B
BC, Canada

Oh, forgot to mention here, I received my order on the 29th. The kits look great, and everything was intact, despite a it of damage to the box. I was missing 1 (of 2 ordered) 9" chutes, and a G64W, but a quick call to Wildman's sorted that out in about 5 minutes.

Missed Christams by 4 days, lol

Nate

I talked to Wildman (actually, it was Jackie) a few days ago. They still have a stack of orders to fill, mostly because Aerotech arrived just a couple of days ago. She said that I could expect to see mine very soon, but I haven't received a shipping notification yet. Hopefully, it is on its way.

The Punisher was a popular kit some of which they might not have predicted as many...
I just ordered motors but, it seems some small AT loads are holding up the order.

JD

Last edited:
I'm still waiting too. My order was 100% motors, and few were back ordered. I understood that it was a "preorder" sale, but I thought with motors it would be a pretty quick process to fill the back orders and ship the orders. It has taken longer than I expected.

You guys really need to just keep your pants on. This is pretty standard for this "event" and if Aerotech and Rocketpoxy are holding up the orders, complain about them and not Wildman or the sale. The big discounts justify you waiting a few weeks for the order to ship. I know for a fact that every order that was able to be filled has been sent out. Just to keep things in perspective, Tim's back garage (2.5 car) was filled WALL TO WALL with the CTI order...there were motor cases and reloads covering every empty space. Remember, this is Wildman Hobbies, not Amazon, this is a 2 person show with the occasional volunteer. Instead of "complaining" here on the forum, pick up the freaking phone and check on the status. Complaining here only breeds worry and skepticism. Nobody likes to have to wait for orders, just remember how much you saved and was it with the wait.

Happens every year, everyone wants a great sale, gets a great sale, and then want their items yesterday. Got my order 3 weeks ago, but in the past has been as late as early Feb. Everyone will get their goodies, just have to understand that someone has to be first, someone last, and everyone else is in between. Don't worry, be happy!

Well your European Customers are still waiting I am afraid...Xmas coming later for me obviously...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.
I hope you all get what you wanted.
Thank You
from Wildman's

I wasn't really offering a complaint, just surprise it has taken this long. My order does not include any kits that have to be manufactured, and none of the items specifically identified at the time of the sale as having a long wait time, just motors. I knew I would have to wait, but I figured AT and CTI would fill back orders at least monthly, and it wouldn't be much longer than that. Also I have contacted Wildman twice, once in early December and once about 2 weeks later in mid December, and both times they told me a shipment was coming in soon, and my order would probably ship in about a week after that.

A lot of people have done this sale before and can say "it happens every year." But if this is your first time, it's surprising how long it takes. Next year I'll know, "preorder sale" means it could take a month or two for your motors to ship. Prices are awesome, but the wait is long.

Just checked my calendar and found where I got my Wildman order for the 2013 BS sale on January 30th, 2014. This year the first shipment arrived on Dec. 23rd. Still waiting on some of the Aerotech reloads.
No complaints here, I think he has gotten better every year, easier to order on BS, better response to questions, and better service/delivery.
Probably a good thing I don't live in Illinois, can't imagine what the rocket room would look like if I could just stop by and pick up stuff from his garage!

FYI: I got my order early last week. I ordered two kits and a batch or Rocketpoxy. I looked over the kits and they look great. I have a couple other projects I need to finish before I can start on them though, so they have been put away for safe keeping.

I think Tim has done a great job posting when things should be available and shipping orders. IMHO he could have avoided most of the questions if he had just stated that all orders will be delivered by the end of January. Then everyone would have been pleasantly surprised when their order showed up early. :wink:

I have a little RC car parts business. I started out making replacement parts for a very popular car with a very serious reliability issue. I was making them as fast as I could and shipping them within 24 hours of when the orders were placed (20+ orders a day). I still got a few nasty calls from guys complaining that the parts they ordered didn't show up in time for them to race over the weekend. Eventually I changed the shipping policy on my web store and made it clear that I had a day job and a family and that they came first. The complaints stopped almost immediately.

Last edited:
I wasn't really offering a complaint, just surprise it has taken this long. My order does not include any kits that have to be manufactured, and none of the items specifically identified at the time of the sale as having a long wait time, just motors. I knew I would have to wait, but I figured AT and CTI would fill back orders at least monthly, and it wouldn't be much longer than that. Also I have contacted Wildman twice, once in early December and once about 2 weeks later in mid December, and both times they told me a shipment was coming in soon, and my order would probably ship in about a week after that.

A lot of people have done this sale before and can say "it happens every year." But if this is your first time, it's surprising how long it takes. Next year I'll know, "preorder sale" means it could take a month or two for your motors to ship. Prices are awesome, but the wait is long.

That is why I commented (first time ever about a BS sale) just to let first time participants in the sale what to expect. Again the main word is PRE-ORDER, not all but lots of stuff has to be ordered from the manufactures, and that takes a lot of time, getting the order together, and waiting for those items to arrive, and then packing them for shipment. Year after year the inquiries for "when will my items be here" start as early as 2 weeks after the sale.

Part of the reason it can be disappointing is that "Black Friday" is associated with holiday shopping. Generally a business that offers a Black Friday sale is trying to entice people who are buying gifts for Christmas. And those customers have an expectation they will receive their purchases in time to give those gifts on Christmas. This sale is timed to coincide with the shopping frenzy that happens on the biggest shopping weekend of the year, but it doesn't function as a Black Friday/Saturday sale in the sense of a Christmas gift sale. You could do a massive pre-order sale at any other time of year and not create the expectation that the purchases will arrive before Christmas.

I'm sure the fact it is a pre-order sale is what accounts for the great low prices. If you can get the orders and money ahead of time, you don't have to maintain a massive and expensive inventory. I can't imagine what it would cost to carry enough inventory to ship all the orders as soon as they were placed. A few hundred thousand dollars? The pre-order system saves a lot of money. The trade off is the long delay.

My order is going to be in tomorrow! I can't wait to start on the V2.

I believe CTI are also taking their time pushing out the 2nd gen 75mm hardware.

Back