aerotech tube dimensions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Anyone have a chart or any random data with specifics to Aerotech tube sizes? There are a ton of charts with all the Estes BT sizes to be easily found via web search, but no such luck with Aerotech.

Most immediately I need the inside diameter of the 1.9 inch tube, and hopefully a supplier of longer lengths!

Awesome, thanks. My measuring devices are not that precise.

I wonder if I can count on roughly 0.05" of diameter from inside to out on their 2.6 and 4 inch tubes as well.

I also have a Sumo with 4" OD, 3.9" ID.
Not sure about the 2.6". If you have Open Rocket or Rocksim, you can down load the files from Aerotech.

See my website as well, I had a pretty good number of different suppliers tubes categorized in a comparison spreadsheet of sizes if you dont have what you need yet............

I had an Aerotech 2.6 diameter (nominal) Arcas. The inside diameter was different on the upper and lower tubes. The lower tubes (with the fins) is thicker with the same outside diameter.

Kirk

I had an Aerotech 2.6 diameter (nominal) Arcas. The inside diameter was different on the upper and lower tubes. The lower tubes (with the fins) is thicker with the same outside diameter.

Weird, the 1.9 inch and 2.6 inch kits I have built were not like that. Any chance the inside diameter was the same as that of the 1.9 inch coupler?

Thanks for the recommendation to contact Aerotech directly. Posting with their permission, and I should put it on a web site as well -

1.9 BT 1.87” OD 1.8” ID
Coupler 1.795 OD 1.645" ID

2.6" BT 2.64" OD 2. 56" ID
Coupler 2.558"OD 2.402" ID

4.0 BT 3.987" OD 3.9" ID
Coupler 3.886" OD 3.81" ID

All these factor in a tolerance +/- .005"

These dimensions can vary due to humidity or lack of

The kits were a few years ago and both were the HV Arcus. (The first experienced a cato on the pad and the second was a replacement they sent.) In both cases, the coupler fit the upper tub perfectly. And I had to sand down just past the white to have it fit the lower half the rocket. The outside dimensions were the same for both halves.

Kirk

Back