What's the BEST excuse you've heard for NOT attending MWP-12?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard anything like this from your fellow fliers?

I was on the phone recently with a very good friend of mine (Who's name i don't want too release....to cause any embarrassment or such.) when the subject of going to MWP-12 popped up.

1. "I don't have the money...":sigh:

Bullsh*t Eric, that new Aircraft Hanger thingy can wait another day! It's NOT like in the last few years that airplanes were invented that they haven't sat or been outside for "sometime" in their lives.

2. "I don't have the time...":sigh:

Eric...? Do you have a pulse? Are you breathing right now? GOOD! Then you have time, cause when the two stop...things really hit the fan.

3. "Oh! It's THIS weekend?":rolleyes:

Eric....! Don't play THAT game with me...I may have cabbage between my ears but, i still have something up there...

4. "That's a LONG drive!":eek:

Eric...It's only 200 miles. Heck my drive to work and, while at work is 3.5 times that distance. You'll be there in about 2 hours the way YOU drive!

5. "I'm NOT going too impress anyone with my little "H" motors!":sigh:

BULLSH*T! Eric, somewhere out there...someone is going to see your rocket and, say: "I can't wait for the day when *I* can fly high power too! That was friggin AWESOME!"

6. "I was just going to hang loose and, check up on the Maine Missile Math and, Oragami Folders Launch Report instead!":D

Eric? I want you too reach between your legs and, feel if their STILL there...There should be a pair and, they should be present...Don't squeeze, trust me....

7. "I've got alot of work that i'm bringing home with me this weekend.":sigh:

Work? If you lose your job...were always hiring new Truck Drivers (NO experience necessary!). Plus it's kinda fun too! *Honk* *Honk*

Anyhow, it's not what you bring that makes it worth the time and, drive...It's the friends you only see once a year. It's the moments shared out in a cornfield...distant from the normality of everyday life and, issues we all deal with that make it a mandatory trip every year for some of us.
If you don't have something new or shiny too show off...Don't worry someone, somewhere needs a hand or advice...

Trust me if you've ever lugged a 70# rocket out to far pads and, tried to put it on a rail by yourself...well.

Heck, volunteer to RSO rockets with Adrian all day. You'll get too met everyone and, anyone that day and, sometimes (shhhhhhh....) get a chance to screw with some people about CP...CG....misc. tech they don't know :surprised: before you forge Wildmans name on their flight card. :madnote:

Life is an adventure...seize the opportunity....*Eric*

My wife told me "it'd be nice to have the weekend without the kids" - as they're coming with me to MWP. Her eyes lit up more when I mentioned possibly getting a hotel room and staying away longer. I have not mentioned to her the seductive allure of the wildman trailer yet.. this might be one of those "better to ask for forgiveness than permission' kind of things. Either way, I think it's a good excuse on her side.

So if you see a guy wandering around with a 4 year old and a 5 year old and no wife, flying LP/MP rockets- that would be me!

My wife told me "it'd be nice to have the weekend without the kids" - as they're coming with me to MWP. Her eyes lit up more when I mentioned possibly getting a hotel room and staying away longer. I have not mentioned to her the seductive allure of the wildman trailer yet.. this might be one of those "better to ask for forgiveness than permission' kind of things. Either way, I think it's a good excuse on her side.

So if you see a guy wandering around with a 4 year old and a 5 year old and no wife, flying LP/MP rockets- that would be me!

It will be even better if you get some rockets in the 4 year old and 5 year old hands!

Gus, how about: "I forgot....."

Not me; I'll be there. There are some who just ignore it and hope that their fellow rocket friends will not hammer them too hard.

No excuses.
I just declared that I'm going.
And look, hun! The hotel has a pool! Oh, and PS, I'm taking your car...
Worked for me!

Already volunteered to RSO with Adrian most of the weekend! Now that's TWICE you tried to forget me! Guy could get a complex around here!

Got one for ya
Doc says too much stress for me
told me I am a skipping beats
or a beat off cant remember what he said

RJ

(Thinking back 40 years)... The Chain fell off my bike, and so did Sara's.... :eyeroll:

Little did Frank know, that Sata was done filled up and just too worn or to go to the lanunch.

Frank missed it all, but later that evening, without pushing the launch button, A lawn dart hit bottom Dead Center Gravity.

God I miss the golden years of Estes!!! MAMA BERTHA, I DECLARE, JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!

Last edited:
My shoes won't stay tied and I have to go see the cobbler.

My excuse last year was that I herniated 2 discs in my back and couldn't walk :y:

Fella's at game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and notices that the seat in front of him is empty. At the end of the 1st period, he asks the guy in the next seat over. The guy says "The wife and I were married for 45 years and, every year, we attended every Cup game. Well she passed on, so her seat is empty."

"Wow. I'm sorry for your loss. Couldn't you have gotten a friend or relative to come with you, though, instead of leaving an empty seat?"

"They're all at the funeral"

While you may be on the 5 year plan, it was good to see you at MWP and I did see you fly a rocket actually a couple. I got your back if you get teased about lack of flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

While you may be on the 5 year plan, it was good to see you at MWP and I did see you fly a rocket actually a couple. I got your back if you get teased about lack of flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Thanks, I appreciate that Russ. I flew twice. Once not so good and one perfect. Go figure that the dual deploy to over 6000' was the perfect one... :facepalm:
My Wildman G80SK drag race rocket lawn darted due to operator error in cutting his delay.... That one will sort of survive.

Adrian

Latest posts

Back