Old rocketry photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panxerox

Reaction score
Found these in a old auction lot been wondering what it was about for years. Approx 1960 or so in Maine I think.

100_9990.jpg
100_9991.jpg
100_9992.jpg
100_9993.jpg

Huh... No idea. Looks like a neat contender for a clone. Especially if someone more knowledgeable in rocket history can ID the vehicle.

Maybe reach out to the guy that does the space rocket history podcast?

Last edited:
From a look at the Pics', I use my powers of Deduction to make the assumption that the Motor was underpowered, the Rocket exhausted all of its Thrust on the Pad, and then the Ejection Charge fired causing the Damage.

Yes very cool look . Compare to man in the pictures it's 8-10dia and about 6' tall

That looks like no known rocket that I have seen. Peter Alway could chime in and answer it more definitively though.

My guess is that it is an amateur/experimental rocket. The fins appear to be plywood (or some kind of wood), and most of the "real rocket science" of the era was all metal construction. There doesn't appear to be a recovery system and the motor, I don't know know what to make of it.

Regardless, I am sure that there is a very interesting story behind it.

Greg

Look at the giant fins. The poor souls that existed before OpenRocket.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Back