Wired Keyboards

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! Optical mice are awesome!

Though they do pick up spooge on the glide pads that needs to be cleaned periodically, it's nothing like having to clean rollers.

-Kevin

I found there's never any buildup when you use cloth mousepads. I have no clue why plastic mousepads exist at all.

I hate clicky keyboards. Back in the early days I used to dream of a soft, quiet keyboard. When they finally came out I grabbed hold and have not let go.

My problem is, I have fat fingers and I am very clumsy. Therefore, I need a really large keyboard with wide keys. About 6 or 8 years ago I found a Microsoft wired keyboard that has a slight curve and really big keys. I have enjoyed it ever since. The keys are easy to read (at least after I clean it) and it is very comfortable to use. I use a wireless mouse and would be fine with a wireless keyboard but I don't need one and I am not giving up my big keys...

The Comfort Curve 2000? I really liked that keyboard, but they apparently don't make it anymore. It also wasn't very durable; the control key died on one copy and the alt key died on another.

This issue, is right up there with today's video cams. You can't get an average vid cam with an eye piece anymore. They are only available on the + models. Tech inventors are literally shoving their concepts down our throats anymore. Can anyone honestly say that their new cams with the LED screen, is better than the eye piece that is getting lost?

This is the model I use at home:
UltraT.jpg

Never a glitch, and I expect it to stay that way until I can no longer interface it with current technology!
-Ken

This issue, is right up there with today's video cams. You can't get an average vid cam with an eye piece anymore. They are only available on the + models. Tech inventors are literally shoving their concepts down our throats anymore. Can anyone honestly say that their new cams with the LED screen, is better than the eye piece that is getting lost?

Who uses videocameras anymore? Get a GH4, which has a 1024x768 electronic viewfinder. Far, far better than any crappy old camcorder's evf.

Here's what my desk at work looks like currently.

Picture 20.jpg

The keys on the kinesis are pleasantly clicky (not mushy) but not really "clacky" (loud.) I do sometimes miss typing on an older buckle spring type keyboard, but I'm sure my co-workers don't.

Notice the separate 10-key unit. I want my 10-key dammit, but I do more mousing than 10-key. This way I can move it up out of the way when I'm not using it (which is most of the time) and bring the mouse in closer. Better ergonomics that way.

There's a palm-rest attachment available too, but I'm trying to break myself of the habit of shoving my wrists against the desk (instead letting my hands float above the keyboard more.) the palmrest might be counter-productive to that. Feels like I'm re-learning how to type. (Only way I could be any worse right now is if I was also switching to the dvorak layout or something at the same time.)

Last edited:
This is the model I use at home:
UltraT.jpg

Never a glitch, and I expect it to stay that way until I can no longer interface it with current technology!
-Ken

blegh - your "| \" key is in the wrong place because of that giant enter key... :p

Last edited:
Two wired faves - I am an old-time buckling spring pounder, had a couple of original IBM Model M's; later some more or less equivalent ones from Unicomp (pckeyboard.com - NOT pckeyboards.com). The Unicomp updated bucklers have the same feel and mass as the IBM's but alas are no longer field-strippable to go through the dishwasher. More recently I've been using Razer Black Widows with the Cherry mech switches. Not quite the M feel but pretty good and with double-shot keys and backlighting, and plenty of rollover for a USB keyboard.

Seems there is quite a variety of very particular keyboardist in this thread. One size definitely does not fit all for sure. The one type of board that really puts me into a tailspin is the split boards. My old GF bought one of those and it was like trying to learn how to ride a bike all over again. I truly hated that thing. It messed up my aim worse than not being able to see w/o reading glasses.

Who uses videocameras anymore? Get a GH4, which has a 1024x768 electronic viewfinder. Far, far better than any crappy old camcorder's evf.

You my friend, should prolly provide me with a model number. I got way too many options when I googled GH4's. I'm really needing to replace that 14 y/o Sony Handycam.

always found it odd having to clean cat hair out of my mice :). I hear that gamers dislike wireless input devices.
Rex

I noticed a difference in speed when I switched from a wired roller ball mouse to a optical mouse. Much faster.
When I went cordless mouse, I set the USB hub to take first commands on the port that the mouse was on.
It was twice as fast.
My problem is now, my bid card own't keep up with my typing or screens I want to process. I'm always waiting...waithing
even though it's only mila seconds...I Think I need a Faster CPU!!!
Donations accepted

The Comfort Curve 2000? I really liked that keyboard, but they apparently don't make it anymore. It also wasn't very durable; the control key died on one copy and the alt key died on another.

Yup, that's the one. Great keyboard. I am typing from it now.

The one type of board that really puts me into a tailspin is the split boards. My old GF bought one of those and it was like trying to learn how to ride a bike all over again. I truly hated that thing. It messed up my aim worse than not being able to see w/o reading glasses..

Yep - that's what I'm going through right now. Basically re-learning how to type. But I have to do something before I end up with carpel tunnel so bad I'm unable to type at all in a few years. One of the things I like about the split keyboard that I did get is that it's not a fixed split. I can move the halves around (to the limit of the tether between them anyway.)

Yep - that's what I'm going through right now. Basically re-learning how to type. But I have to do something before I end up with carpel tunnel so bad I'm unable to type at all in a few years. One of the things I like about the split keyboard that I did get is that it's not a fixed split. I can move the halves around (to the limit of the tether between them anyway.)

I can see that as a plus if you don't have to rely on watching yourself type. Since I have to, it really is a lot simpler for me to choose what I type with. It kills me when I watch folks at the grocery store tap away at keys not thinking twice about where their fingers are going.

Logitech G15. Seeing your keys will never be an issue again. Mine's maybe 7 or 8 years old now.

15668822021_8a7399a4c0_z.jpg

Back