• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Where to Buy - Scrap Radio Tower

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophecy

Reaction score
Need to build a tower in a pinch and am in search of trussing - www.cheaplights.com is local and I can get 8 feet of aluminum trussing, perfect for my application, for around $350, but I don't have $500 kicking around to spend on parts for a tower once you add the rail on top of that. Figure this stuff must get scrapped all the time - not necessarily aluminum, but steel would work for me as well. Anybody on here built a tower and found a good local scrap source for this stuff? Or do I just need to call around scrap yards and hope I get lucky?

Thanks,

Prophecy

It is worth knowing that after years assembled these sections are pretty much corroded into a one-piece deal. Just so you know...

Don't know how we'd work it out but I got 10 feet of steel tower I'd sell you for $100. Not really giving up anything, I have a 15 foot rail for when I need it :)

That would give you $250 to find a shipper before the aluminum one comes into play. It won't need wrapped, just a tag for destination.

Ask the local radio company, they usually keep old ones around.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Back