Wallops launch in T-1hr!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I saw- apparently its a sail boat, if its the same one as before
for christ's sake!

dang it scrubbed!!!!! New launch time: 6:19pm eastern time tomorrow:)

Last edited:
Stupid boat!!!
edit: Hopefully tomorrows launch will go ahead with no silly boats in the way!
Nate

Last edited:
Darn... I even dragged out my big dobsonian telescope to see if I could see it... stupid boat :facepalm:

They will try again tomorrow at 6:22pm. Hopefully the clouds will stay away. Conditons were ideal this evening.

If he's more than 12 miles off shore he's in international waters.....

Bob

If he's in a sailboat, he's probably sailing in and out of the exclusion area as he tacks. Not much he can do about the wind direction. If he's at the edge of the "zone" he probably thought he was clear (or didn't know about it at all).

I get to watch it from a plane. Just learned that I get to fly in a plane watching it... Thank you Civil Air Patrol... :p

I get to watch it from a plane. Just learned that I get to fly in a plane watching it... Thank you Civil Air Patrol... :p
Lucky!

Lots of cloud cover here... probably no good view to be had... fingers crossed...

Nate

uh oh...

Explosion on pad
waiting for more info

holy carp.

nute, I take it you were watching live just as I was?

will be interesting to hear what their flight operations comms chatter sounds like after that....

Well that's going to make for a long night...

doesn't sound like anybody was hurt though - so that's a good thing.

Last edited:
No joke some muppet just hit the FTTC cab knocking me offline. Jumped on to 4G and caught the fire on the floor. Ops that's gonna hurt the bank.

The feed is still live from NASA-TV. So you can listen if you want. They're talking about locking down data right now.

This is a stark contrast with SeaLaunch failures where the web stream ended immediately after the vehicle exploded....

They're "locking down" all data including "personal notes" "computers" "checklists" etc

Nate

Not meant to be...could've seen it here in Charlotte, I was in position last night on top of a parking deck. Tonight I had to be at work during launch on the opposite side of the city, so I wasn't seeing it tonight regardless. That was crazy to watch...never seen a failure live. Sure it was a streaming video, but dang!!! That's a real bummer for that entire operation....Wallops, Orbital, and ISS.

Last edited:
Back