Telemetrum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conman13

Reaction score
Anyone know whats up with the Telemetrum? It is out of stock everywhere. Just looking into getting one.

They had a fire wipeout production for a time. I suspect they will eventually start production again. The Easy Mega is in stock and I purchased one.
You have a Ham technician license if going for the Rf tracking device? They may or may not sell if you don't have a callsign. Kurt

Thanks. I'm taking my technicians license next month so I will have before I purchase on. Just want to see whats up.

Thanks again:)

Anyone know whats up with the Telemetrum? It is out of stock everywhere. Just looking into getting one.

"Altus Metrum World Headquarters" is in my basement. In June of 2013, my house burned down in the Black Forest Fire, taking with it almost all of our original inventory. From then until late September 2014, my family and I were living in a temporary apartment situation while a new house was built on our property. Keith and I managed to introduce TeleMega and various other new products, and return most previous products to production during "the apartment era", but just happened to go out of stock on several products just as my family and I prepared to move into the new house. I also started working a cool new $dayjob on 1 September. So... we got hit with "a perfect storm" situation and as a result have been out stock on products like TeleMetrum and TeleMega longer than desired.

The current status is that we are in the process of initiating new production runs of both TeleMetrum and TeleMega, and hope to have plenty of both in stock by the end of November. We've figured out what caused our last TeleDongle run to have really low yield (bad parts from a major supplier!), but are debating whether to fix the big pile of bad ones (labor intensive) or just run another batch with an updated design. We have modest stock of TeleBT, and good stock of most other products.

So... we're here, we're not going away, and we expect to have solid inventory of all current products in another month or so.

Thanks for your interest in TeleMetrum, and for your patience!

...We've figured out what caused our last TeleDongle run to have really low yield (bad parts from a major supplier!), but are debating whether to fix the big pile of bad ones (labor intensive) or just run another batch with an updated design...

I've been having some problems with the "monitor idle" feature and a couple other minor things on my telemetrum/teledongle set-up. Is it possible that I got a bad teledongle when I ordered in late august?

I've been having some problems with the "monitor idle" feature and a couple other minor things on my telemetrum/teledongle set-up. Is it possible that I got a bad teledongle when I ordered in late august?

Short answer -- yes, it's possible.

If you've checked to make sure the callsigns in AltosUI and the TeleMetrum match, have working antennas on both ends, and have placed the units at least six feet apart and still can't get Monitor Idle working, but telemetry does work, then that's a pretty good sign. Ideally, you'll have a friend with a TeleDongle or TeleBT that you could test with to verify that everything else is set correctly.

When not working, the TeleDongle lights will flash rapidly, with the red light flashing briefly (transmit) and the green light on the rest of the time (receive). When working correctly, the green light will only flash briefly, indicating that it is receiving packets from the TeleMetrum.

ok thank you!

You can get adapters lots of places like this; the one referenced above is short enough that the TeleBT can fit between the driven and reflector elements of an arrow antenna.

good to know. What was the cord i saw in a video somewhere running to the computer? the USB cable connecting the TeleBT?

good to know. What was the cord i saw in a video somewhere running to the computer? the USB cable connecting the TeleBT?

Well, you can use TeleBT just like TeleDongle by plugging it in to a computer via USB, so perhaps? Or, perhaps it was just being charged?

Back