Anyone got any " retrieve rocket from tree" strategies?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The slingshot I have is a wrist rocket. I just haven't been active in the ham radio hobby for going on a couple of years so it's been awhile since I've had need for the slingshot and I'm just not sure where it is right now. It could be several places and more than likely is buried in junk. For all I know, the rubber on it is rotten. I priced one the other day and it was just under twenty bucks. Hobby money is very tight for me right now so I really can't even spend that. We have some so called " blustery days" coming up this weekend according to the weather dude so I'm going to hope for the best. If it doesn't come down soon though I'll revisit the sling shot and other ideas for getting a line up there.

The slingshot I have is a wrist rocket. I just haven't been active in the ham radio hobby for going on a couple of years so it's been awhile since I've had need for the slingshot and I'm just not sure where it is right now. It could be several places and more than likely is buried in junk. For all I know, the rubber on it is rotten. I priced one the other day and it was just under twenty bucks. Hobby money is very tight for me right now so I really can't even spend that. We have some so called " blustery days" coming up this weekend according to the weather dude so I'm going to hope for the best. If it doesn't come down soon though I'll revisit the sling shot and other ideas for getting a line up there.

Then fabricate one. Hell....you're a mad rocket scientist, you got smarts. Go get you a strong Y shaped wood branch and something stretchy like some big rubber bands or buy a piece of surgical tubing. Maybe you have a disposable piece of bungee cord or a blown bicycle tire tube you can use. Mother Nature may turn on you and blow it deeper in the tree...or to the next branch. From what I can see in your pics, you have a pretty clean shot at that taunting branch.

Back