LOC/Precision - Warlock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
Ive one pending with a 54mm motor mount. Am now thinking do I add a cluster? 29mm as one day I hope AT SU 29mm happens or maybe CTI might do it.

Stick with 29mm? How many do I fit?

You have plenty of room with the 7.5" airframe - go for four! You could light the 54mm central and two 29mm on the pad and airstart two more 29mm's.

Any thoughts on dual deployment? I added an avionics bay and a payload section to my LOC Doorknob. Flown it once on an "L" to over 4K. A stock built Warlock with a 54mm motor could get well over that - you might end up with recovery issues if you blow the chute at apogee. I've seen a few builds on here with recovery in the nose cone, which would save a lot of weight as the 7.5" avionics bays are REALLY heavy!!

At least 8 x 29 mm outboards..... depending on spacing.
My next project will have a central 76 mm surrounded by 6 x 38 mm also contained in a 7.52" tubing.
A 5.38" Loc tube: you can get 6 x 29 mm around a 54 central mount.

JD

Is there a website or tool to work out what I can fit?

Dual deploy I've not looked at yet. I will modding the nose for electronics anyway for other reasons and to record the flight.

Keep the whole thing stock looking but with the mods.

Looking at this a little more today.

Nose cone AV bay. Anyone know what size rings to fit?

29mm motor retainers. Want aero pack but they are going too cost and add weight. The Estes look good and are cheap or do I make a plate?

54mm I want the Aeropack bolt on so it looks nuts.

Check out John Cokers website, iirc he has a video about putting Bulkheads in a NC, and also making it a Av bay iirc. I have always cut my own bulkheads for NCs. As for the Estes Retainers I like them but make sure you have a bit of space between the flame deflector and the motor retainer or they toast a little, but they are cheap at 7-8 dollars for two, don't know how well they will fare next to a large central motors exhaust.

https://www.jcrocket.com/plastic-nose-mods.shtml

Last edited:
Back