Chinese Fourm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldlizard

Reaction score
Does anyone else get all this Chinese writing on their forum pages?

DSCN2745.jpg

Does anyone else get all this Chinese writing on their forum pages?

View attachment 188602

Yes. For more then a week. Apparently Admin is aware of it but has not yet got around to blocking this crap.

Go ahead and swear or say something bad about someone and see how fast it gets removed. Makes ya wonder, eh?

Last edited:
The way to get something done about it is to post in the Feedback Forum, not the Watering Hole. Right-click on the ad, copy the link, and paste it into the post so that the administrators can figure out where the ad is linking to, and they can do something about it.

Why not try getting something done about it instead of whining about the number of threads.

As you stated, the admins are looking into it. I don't see what else I could do to help after I posted a URL from one of these ads, as requested by the admins, in the original thread.
If you have some useful suggestions, please publish them.

I thought my tone was rather upbeat, not whiney. Whining is complaining about perceived unfairness or inaction by the mods who keep this forum running smoothly.

I'll keep an eye on all three threads (and more if they get started) just to see what the end results are, if any. I won't roll up my post count by replying to this thread any more, though.

Lord Willing... In about a year, we will have a member either in the ROC or the PRC (and hopefully launching there too)... I'd be OK with having a Chinese Forum.

I have not had any of this type of [edited] stuff, but I had some odd things show up in different places.
I tracked it back to some shopping thing that somehow got loaded behind the scene.
Once removed, all was fine after a cold boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that an ad, or appearing within the forum?

For a day or two (after an update of some kind, I think) a few people saw odd charachters, but it disappeared after the update propagated. I have not seen any of these odd characters on TRF but i do see them regularly on Facebook. I've always assumed that I see them because my computer is not recognizing simleys or a particular font that the poster is using.

For a day or two (after an update of some kind, I think) a few people saw odd charachters, but it disappeared after the update propagated. I have not seen any of these odd characters on TRF but i do see them regularly on Facebook. I've always assumed that I see them because my computer is not recognizing simleys or a particular font that the poster is using.

What are you talking about... this forum is FULL of odd characters... :wink:

No prove a point and tick someone off and it's gone in 20mins flat

Not from the forum, no. Think I got it off a vendor on Amazon. It messed with $signs and fractions mostly.

Yes, that was this morning at around 7:45, in the Word games thread, at the very bottom footer area. I have also had it in the header area where some of our fine paid advertising is displayed.

I did not know there were other posts on this matter, or I would not have started this thread. As it was it took me five times trying to get it to post from my computer, I then gave up and posted it from my smart phone. Any time here lately when I try to go to a page or thread my computer tells me it can't find the page and to go run around in circles and bang my head on the wall!

Great, a third thread on this topic.

Why not try getting something done about it instead of whining about the number of threads.

I thought my tone was rather upbeat, not whiney. Whining is complaining about perceived unfairness or inaction by the mods who keep this forum running smoothly.

You could have been doing the snoopy dance while posting. How would I know? The post still came across as whiney.

Back