• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MWP12 Closeout Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
OK, these are the unsold items from my series of sales over the past year. All are for sale at 20% to 50% off lowest previously advertised price and for your convenience will be delivered to MWP12 over the weekend. PM me with interest. Prefer cash at delivery.

Hawk MIM-23 – was $25, now $20!! [/B] - SOLD
The Launch Pad company sometimes receives bad reviews due to their flimsy parts. Well this isn’t your “father’s” Launch Pad kit. This rocket has been fiberglass reinforced all over (not best job in world, but works). Weight added in nose for stable flight. Has flown six or seven times and has some wear (chips mostly on fins). Flys great on H’s and I’s!

King Kraken – was $80, now $64!!; optional recovery system reduced to $40 - SOLD
OK, this one was borderline… It suffered a hard landing due to a faulty e-match at LDRS30 and, although the tube fins are fiberglassed, there are some noticeable creases on one. Most of my rockets utilize Future Finish which is easily dissolved to facilitate repairs. Don’t get me wrong, the rocket can fly fine now, but after calculating, I’m sure I could completely repair it within an hour so I decided included it in the sale.

Fat Boy – was $65, now $52!! - SOLD
West Coast rocketeers recognize this kit readily, but for others, it is a pure classic from Public Enemy Rocketry. In fact, this rocket is a show model that Roy, the owner, used to take to launches which he sold to me. As expected, has a couple of chips, but a really good flyer and “piece of history.”

Stealth – was $100, now $80; optional recovery system reduced to $40
Striking Binder Designs kit. Again this one almost didn’t make the sale. Had a hard landing at Midwest Power last year and have a surface crack in one fin. This should be repaired as this is one rocket that I built “old school” leaving paper and plywood alone and using wood glue to assemble. Again, easy repair by stripping Future finish, filling/reinforcing crack and repainting with Rustoleum Midnight Black Metallic (spray can included). BTW, this rocket received tons of complements for the “black-on-black” motif!

Craig Video Camera – was $20, now $10 - SOLD
Comes with F/3.0 f=6.5mm lens 640x480p and 4X digital zoom. A few nick marks on the case but no harm to operation and clean unmarked lens and monitor display. This camera has never seen a flight and has only been used around the workshop to record a few build posts. Comes with 8Gb SD card.

Cardboard Honeycomb Panels – were $10, now $8 (retail $12.99)
I have two of these available, 30"x42", for use in large HPR projects such as this: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...cal-engineer-in-the-house&p=749652#post749652. Each panel weighs 19.6 ounces. If you want to load up your Rocksim materials database it comes out to 3.41 lbs/ft-cubed. This is 7.5% the density of birch plywood and saves a ton of weight in the aft end! (Manny, I still have your two panels you never picked up.)

2014-07-27 23.16.33.jpg

2014-07-27 20.49.52.jpg

2014-07-27 20.28.21.jpg

2014-07-27 21.20.20.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

56248.jpg

Last edited:
How thick are the honeycomb panels?

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Tim, I'll take the Fat Boy. Where can I find you on Sat. 11/01? Thanks Greg Olson

OK, I'll be getting there Thurs evening so should be fairly close to front row. Problem is I'll have a rental SUV so I'll PM you Wednesday night and let you know what I'm driving.

King Kraken sold.

The Hawk and Stealth will be on display for purchase at MWP12.

I should be front row in a "safari-looking" new, red Toyota ForeRunner with Missouri license plates (a rental).

Last edited:
What's the engine diameter (29, 38, etc) on the hawk?

The only thing that needs airing out is my underwear. 2 weeks on the same pair is ok, right?

And then there was one.

Hard to believe 48 kits have transferred to the hands of new owners from back here in July when I had the crazy idea to sell built kits.

Thanks to all those who purchased at MWP12 (and earlier).

Tim...Do you have any clue to what color paint was used on the Fat Boy? Thanks Greg

Greg, sorry no I don't. The color looked very similar to the maroon used on the Public Enemy Gladiator (also sold) which was a display model built by owner Roy Weid. I don't know if Roy is still around on the west coast, but if so, he may remember the color used.

got the king kraken and it looks great, just a little work needed ;-) was packaged and shipped fast and was a great transaction, thanks!

Back