MWP 12 Help needed. My drag race or what happens when I have too much free time.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford Prefect

Wondering Hitchhiker
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I need a little help at MWP 12 on Sat @9am.

A little background.
I had a crazy idea this summer. I already had 4 Wildman Minis built so I got three more to fill some free time. Then it occurred to me that if I got three more I'd have the whole set.

So what to do with all these minis. I know I'll drag race them at Midwest Power. All TEN at once on CTI G80 skids. Should be fun.

All the kits are built and prepped and I'm gonna get them RSOed and motors ready on Friday.

But I will need a lot of help tracking and recovering the rockets. So I'm asking for about eight (or as many as I can get) volunteers that can help me watch and recover some of the kits. Any help would be appreciated. A beer at the hotel bar is about all the reward I can offer.

Thanks and see ya'll at MWP.
Cj Kendrick

Sent from my sub-etha device using Rocketry Forum

I may be available, or my kids can help. My son is getting quite good at tracking and finding rockets. Look me up on Friday.
-Erik

I need a little help at MWP 12 on Sat @9am.

A little background.
I had a crazy idea this summer. I already had 4 Wildman Minis built so I got three more to fill some free time. Then it occurred to me that if I got three more I'd have the whole set.

So what to do with all these minis. I know I'll drag race them at Midwest Power. All TEN at once on CTI G80 skids. Should be fun.

All the kits are built and prepped and I'm gonna get them RSOed and motors ready on Friday.

But I will need a lot of help tracking and recovering the rockets. So I'm asking for about eight (or as many as I can get) volunteers that can help me watch and recover some of the kits. Any help would be appreciated. A beer at the hotel bar is about all the reward I can offer.

Thanks and see ya'll at MWP.
Cj Kendrick

If you fly 10 rockets yourself how are others going to participate in the drag race?! I don't believe 10 rockets from a single person was Wildman's intent when he set up the race.

If you fly 10 rockets yourself how are others going to participate in the drag race?! I don't believe 10 rockets from a single person was Wildman's intent when he set up the race.

No...but, I don't see anything rule wise that says someone couldn't stack the deck.;) OR, just have their own personal display of Skidmark happiness off to the side...on their own time! :eek:

After this coming weekend, Princeton Illinois will/should have the distinction of being the second richest Titanium depository (Soil wise) in the world.

Maybe some of that will wind up in a high fiber cereal (that you should be wolfing down) :rolleyes: right about now. :p

I like this Crazy Kentuckyanin already! :D

I think he's doing his own personal drag race. I'd be willing to help (along with my rocket finder kids), but I don't think we'll get there until 9:30/10 or so on Sat.

I think he's doing his own personal drag race. I'd be willing to help (along with my rocket finder kids), but I don't think we'll get there until 9:30/10 or so on Sat.

Well if so, it sits right on top of the Wildman G80 skid drag race on Saturday morning(?).

I think the bigger issue is one person loading up 10 pads. MWP is known for moving things along. Even if it's just load the rocket on a rail, hook up and install igniters, when you're doing it times ten it will take a lot of time. Hold up the range at a large launch and people get cranky. Just sayin!

Eric

Just to clear up a couple of things. This is just a personal thing for me. And I'll talk with Tim so as to not interfere with the G-80 drag race. And hopefully not slow anyone else down either.

Cj.

CJ I'll give you a hand. I always like to play in the rebel sandbox. Wouldn't be the first time we tie up the pads. Plus first launch of the day after a Friday night at the Wildman's cuts the flyers down first thing in the morning. Plus I think I can talk Byron into helping out also...

Mike Smeltzer

Come find me ahead of time....................... I'll help you do something stooopid anytime.
Make sure you have some extra lugs and tape to put them on with... in case you use Buttons and pads available have rods.

The other CJ

Just to clear up a couple of things. This is just a personal thing for me. And I'll talk with Tim so as to not interfere with the G-80 drag race. And hopefully not slow anyone else down either.

Cj.

I STILL think it's a GREAT idea! :D (Just remember folks, my Drag Race is NOT an officially sponsored event) so......we also walk on the water lightly or drown real quick in a sea of angry fish...

Or something like that. :rolleyes:

...(Just remember folks, my Drag Race is NOT an officially sponsored event) so......we also walk on the water lightly or drown real quick in a sea of angry fish...

Or something like that. :rolleyes:

Barstoolmike & CJ's Pirate Drag Race a couple years ago went off without a hitch--I wouldn't worry too much (well, except for the fire you are sure to start :wink:...).

tumblr_inline_n9kutrxDMT1rk4p6f.gif

Well I since Friday was a bust and a lot of people wanted to fly on Saturday, I waited until Sunday to do my Mass Mini Launch. 9 of 10 rockets left the pads and I have 8 back (missing a cuda green Intimidator mini). Want to than Dennis Stevens the RSO LCO and especially the Pad manager (names escape me). Also big shout out to Brandon Gross for recovering 3 kits. Happy birthday Brandon!!!

Thanks All
Cj (the other one)

I happen to pass Brandon on my way out to recover my rocket . He has some skills in the recovery thing ! Nice show btw , Jim

Back