Can't Save File in Open Rocket. Help, please.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Series9

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my first post at TRF.

I loaded OR on to my Mac running OS 10.9.5. After playing with it for a while, I decided to save my work.

It gives me an IO error and won't save. I took a screen capture of the error. Any ideas?

error.png

I can't help with that one but you should get an answer soon.
Hang in there.

JP

Hi Series9,

I have not used a mac before but I have OpenRocket on a windows computer, it looks like you are try to save to a file that has been moved. Were you editing a previous design? If so, did you change the file structure for that save file, while you were editing it? I have had an issue like I just described, the way you fix it is to find that file in it's new location, then overwrite it with your edited file. I hope I understood your problem correctly, OpenRocket is a great program to use, but it stinks to have problems with it.

BuiltFromTrash

Still having the problem.

I uninstalled OR and reloaded it. Not working.

Anyone?

The error is "Permission denied". Were you trying to save it to a directory that you don't own or have rights to? Have you tried saving it to different locations?

What version of Java? ( Open a Terminal console and type: java -version )

Doug

I would run updates on your Apple. Specifically, macs have their own versions of Java. My guess is that you have an out of date Java.

Java is terrible - if they could actually write decent software they would not need to update it so often. same with Adobe.

I am also having the feeling that it's Java that's causing the problem. I had to download a JDK to open OR. When I first tried to save a file, I tried to leave it on the desktop, but that was never an option. The pull-down menu showed my hard drive and a couple of other options. Now it only shows the hard drive.

There's probably something up with that.

After many attempts, I finally managed to create a folder in a sub-directory that is satisfactory to OR.

Files now being saved......

Back