Let's hear it for our on-site Vendors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worsaer

Amateur Propulsionist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We are fortunate to have a number of vendors that support us by coming to launches, with more than adequate inventories of hardware, motors, and other supplies to support our addiction of hurling good money in the air and trying to find it when it comes down.

Who are your local on-site vendors? Want to give them a public 'Thank You' for what can be a thankless business?

Jose Andrade-Cora owner of HEAVENLY HOBBIES is our guy at Rad Rocketeers #712 NJ

Not only does he come out to our launches, but when he can't (not very often) he's willing to meet up with our club President and hand off everyone's order.
So no one goes with out what they need!

Jose is a GREAT guy, also very active in helping with the TARC finals every year.

At CMASS and MMMSClub launches, we get regular support from AMW/ProX in the persons of Robert & Gloria or Jason. All the CTI, Estes, LOC and Madcow supplies. Good advice at all levels of skill and great support for TARC teams.

At CMASS, Jim Flis is at every launch even sponsoring his Fliskits Anniversary launch every September with us. A great supply of kits and, if you contact him ahead of time, parts. His knowledge of the history of this hobby is truly amazing.

We've had CT Wildman come to a couple of launches at each club this year. That broadens the supplies available on field.

We used to have a Road Runner dealer who's a club member but without supplies, that has gone by the boards.

Cosmodrome and Hot Rod Rockets are also members of CMASS and we see them from time-to-time.

We don't have much in the way of LHS in the area but we can get discounts at their stores and sometimes a field visit.

I'd say were pretty fortunate.

Ken Allen of performance hobbies has to be probably the coolest vendor out there. THANK YOU KEN FOR TAKING MY MONEY!!! :p

Jay Calvert Impulse Buys he is at most launches if not makes arraignments if something is needed :)

Lee Berry of Merlin Missile Solutions provides all the goodies for the ROCI launches. Aerotech, Estes and Quest motors. Numerous kits. Expertise to be shared with all in need. A great part of our launches. Thanks, Lee!

We are fortunate to have a number of vendors that support us by coming to launches, with more than adequate inventories of hardware, motors, and other supplies to support our addiction of hurling good money in the air and trying to find it when it comes down.

Who are your local on-site vendors? Want to give them a public 'Thank You' for what can be a thankless business?

Now that was really funny........
That's an awfully good way of looking at it.........
Well,, it sure is the truth,, let's see if we can go find where our money fell back down.........

Teddy

Dad forgot the best recovery harness maker in the world!!!
On top of that he is a smart guy about electronics, tracking, But he can't have my new puppy!!!!

Oh and he uses tooooo many of these ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ONEBADHAWK !! the last harness you'll ever need !!!!

Rad Rocketeers NJ NAR 712

hahahahahahah

That's too funny Jenna...

I really want your puppy...

She's the sweetest cutie in the world...

And I think it's REALLY funny that she thinks your fathers arm is a chew toy.....lol

Thank you tooo Les...
The coolest rockets in town....

Teddy

Hey hey. Thanks Teddy for coming to METRA and Rad Rocks launches. Best sewn harnesses I've ever seen.

We are also lucky at METRA launches to often have AMW & Wildman CT.

Those of us that call Bong our home launch field are fortunate and I might add rather happy to have Mr Tim Lehr at our launches. Whether it is a TRA or NAR launch the big rig pulling the trailer full of goodies is always a happy site to see at launches. For those who don't know him as Tim Lehr, he has a nickname that all should recognize - The Wildman.

Whether it's seeing something new he's working on, or getting to pick up all of my "black Saturday goodies" hazmat free ( he brings our orders to launches for us if we ask), or impulse buying something. We have wide variety of items to choose from.

I know our club really appreciates the efforts he makes in January, Febuary, and March to come when the weather is marginal at best and number of people launching may be few, but the big rig still pulls in. Thanks again Tim, I know I appreciate it as well as all of our club members.

Those of us that call Bong our home launch field are fortunate and I might add rather happy to have Mr Tim Lehr at our launches. Whether it is a TRA or NAR launch the big rig pulling the trailer full of goodies is always a happy site to see at launches. For those who don't know him as Tim Lehr, he has a nickname that all should recognize - The Wildman.

Whether it's seeing something new he's working on, or getting to pick up all of my "black Saturday goodies" hazmat free ( he brings our orders to launches for us if we ask), or impulse buying something. We have wide variety of items to choose from.

I know our club really appreciates the efforts he makes in January, February, and March to come when the weather is marginal at best and number of people launching may be few, but the big rig still pulls in. Thanks again Tim, I know I appreciate it as well as all of our club members.

+1000

The Wildman is awesome. Having Tim as our on-site vendor is the best. The Wildman is really a traveling "road-show" and he attends many launches all over the country.

Besides being on-site at the launches - he has a great online presence.
The Wildman Black Saturday sales are legendary.
Membership in the "Wildman club" allows even greater savings.
Customer appreciation day (free steak lunch at the launch site)
And don't forget about MWP every Halloween. The regional Midwest Power Launch in Princeton Il. is run by QCRS, and Tim is a big part of that. This is a three day (one night launch) premiere High Power event at a fantastic location. - one of the best launches in the country.

+1000

The Wildman is awesome. Having Tim as our on-site vendor is the best. The Wildman is really a traveling "road-show" and he attends many launches all over the country.

Besides being on-site at the launches - he has a great online presence.
The Wildman Black Saturday sales are legendary.
Membership in the "Wildman club" allows even greater savings.
Customer appreciation day (free steak lunch at the launch site)
And don't forget about MWP every Halloween. The regional Midwest Power Launch in Princeton Il. is run by QCRS, and Tim is a big part of that. This is a three day (one night launch) premiere High Power event at a fantastic location. - one of the best launches in the country.

My bucket list includes a trip onto the WILDMAN trailer :)

My bucket list includes a trip onto the WILDMAN trailer :)

Make sure that bucket is filled with 💰. There's a vortex that attaches itself to your wallet and I have not found a way to combat that vortex.😎

Ken Allen of performance hobbies has to be probably the coolest vendor out there. THANK YOU KEN FOR TAKING MY MONEY!!! :p

Big 10-4 on Ken. I really look forward to him attending the launches I go to. Gives me a chance to avoid HAZ issues and he's also a really cool guy. Gotta admit, he know he motors.

I've got three shoutouts... No particular order.

Mike from Binder Designs... I've adapted his designs to a scale I can afford, and he's been supportive of all of those projects.

Gord from Excelsior Rocketry... I've tasked him with several upscales and he's come through for me every time.

Mark from Stickershock... Couldn't have made such an OFFl L1 rocket without his support!

Thanks Guys!!!

[edit] I thought that this for WEBsite vendors.

Last edited:
Viva Robert from buyrocketmotors.com.

Having him at all our high power launches has really enabled a lot of experimenting. Also, easier to taylor flight to the forcast when you can make your decisions on Thursday, or even on the field.

Robert is a great guy to deal with, can't recimend enough.

I know our club really appreciates the efforts he makes in January, Febuary, and March to come when the weather is marginal at best and number of people launching may be few, but the big rig still pulls in. Thanks again Tim, I know I appreciate it as well as all of our club members.

Absolutely right. We would be hard pressed without Tim. A great vendor to be sure.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I forgot to shout out to Semroc... W/o them I'd probably not gotten back into rocketry.

Thanks!
Jim

When I saw the photo of BayAreaRocketry's trailer arriving at Balls on a flatbed tow, my first thought was, "that's dedication to your customers".

imagejpg1_zps5f59b973.jpg

(Photo by Gerald Meux)

Lee Berry of Merlin Missile Solutions provides all the goodies for the ROCI launches. Aerotech, Estes and Quest motors. Numerous kits. Expertise to be shared with all in need. A great part of our launches. Thanks, Lee!

Double that for me. Lee at Merlin Missiles also supports the launches at WVSOAR in Southern Ohio and OAMC in Central Ohio. Motors, hardware, kits, recovery, advice, comedy he has it all!! I am always amazed that I seem to want to give him my money!!

Great guy and dedicated to the hobby.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of dealing with Bay Area Rocketry for the first time at the TRA Vegas launch (that was the rescheduled/cancelled/scaled-down Oktoberfest) - GREAT guys and an excellent vendor. Well stocked, good advice/guidance, easy to do business with, excellent selection, etc. Plus they had air conditioning in the trailer! (this is a very big deal for those of us that launch in the desert).

While I'm at it, I can also give high marks to Joe Hinton ("rocket joe") from Great Leap - he's one of those guys at the launch that's always there for great advice, background/experience, etc. I've always got good deals on motors from him as well. AND he administered the test and signed off on my L2 cert. Always a pleasure to have at a launch.

I'm amazed at the onsite vendors that regularly attend (and service) launches - their margins are low, their customer base is very small, their operating expenses are high; it seems like a pretty hard way to make a buck. THANK YOU to those of you who not only do it, but do it with style.
s6

+1 to Robert & Gloria of AMW for supporting URRG launches
and Teddy too of www.Onebadhawk.com

+2 for Robert and Gloria, her Level 3 O motor cert flight last weekend was AWESOME! Way to go Gloria!

Teddy is also outstanding. He is a great guy, very sincere and generous.

Here's to Kevin Dunn of Wildman Virginia. He played Amazing Grace on bagpipes when my Wild Child cartwheeled off the pad and into the ground. That was hilarious. :D

+3 for Robert and Gloria, They make the drive down to MD every month to support us at MDRA! Even with Robert suffering through and recovering from his hernia!

+2 for Robert and Gloria, her Level 3 O motor cert flight last weekend was AWESOME! Way to go Gloria!

Teddy is also outstanding. He is a great guy, very sincere and generous.

Thank you so much Riley,,,
Your son is the nicest young man in the world,,,
Don't forget to tell him I said hello and we'll be flying together again very soon....

Teddy

Balsa Machining Service, Bill has been out to support Tripoli Las Vegas - even the monthly launches..even though there is lotsa EX !

Way to bring it Bill !

Kenny

Back