rrc2 mini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atari Frank

Reaction score
I'm looking to install a missle works rrc2 mini in a nose cone to take altitude readings only,my question is will this work and how do I program alt,will this still read altitude with out pyro ignitors hooked up to the board...do I just turn in on and send it for a ride?thanks in advance Frank

no I have the rrc2+ on order for this project but don't think its going to be here in time for Midwest power so I thought I would try the mini

I'm looking to install a missle works rrc2 mini in a nose cone to take altitude readings only,my question is will this work and how do I program alt,will this still read altitude with out pyro ignitors hooked up to the board...do I just turn in on and send it for a ride?thanks in advance Frank

No programing necessary as you have no charges hooked up. Though if you are going Mach plus you could set the Mach delay but I don't think that affects altitude readings. The Mini will still record altitude. Depending on the shape of the nose cone you will need a properly sized sample port/s in nose cone near the junction with the body tube or below that point through the tube and the nose cone shoulder.
A quick email to Jim at Missile works using the Contact Us info on the Website will definitely get you the info you want.

The rrc2+ just came in mail about a hour ago,great service from missle works.The rocket I'm putting this in is a pml small endeavor(nose cone) was thinking about drilling a 1/4 dia hole through body tube through shoulder of nose cone for sampling,going to put this up on a j350.I will take your advice and send jim a email before I drill though.

Hi Frank -

I just updated the shopping cart with this weeks order tracking data, and in fact your new RRC2+ and sled system are slated to arrive today.

If you do choose to use the RRC2-mini in the nose I would indeed set the mach delay as Bill suggested... it's a given that nose resident baro altimeters will see aberrations as the pressure shock wave washes over and back across your cone's static ports. Without the mach delay being set there's a strong possibility to "mach-spoof" the unit and skew your apogee event and data recording.

The RRC2+ is mach-immune and is setup to handle these transitions, so mount it up and fly.

LOL on the simultaneous posts, Frank! A quarter inch hole will be just fine in the small endeavor cone shoulder.
Have fun at MWP! I need to make it out to that launch next year.

Back