MarsaNetwireless network gadgets for the MARSA54L (preview)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will there be an android app to allow connection to a smart phone?

Will there be an android app to allow connection to a smart phone?

That's in the plan. The MarsaNet peripherals will not all be released at once.

The first 2 will be the Bridge and remote pyro units.

The range is for devices on the rocket network. As long as your rocket is smaller than 60 feet in length or diameter, you can put MarsaNet devices anywhere on the vehicle and they will be able to communicate.

Im confused..... 60 foot range?

This simplifies wiring.

For example, if you're building a two stager and need an igniter down near the aft of the rocket as well as ejection charges up near the top, you can put the remote pyro unit down in the fin can, but keep the altimeter in the av bay.

-Kevin

This simplifies wiring.

For example, if you're building a two stager and need an igniter down near the aft of the rocket as well as ejection charges up near the top, you can put the remote pyro unit down in the fin can, but keep the altimeter in the av bay.

-Kevin

Wow Kevin,

I didn't think of it that way. No more full length wire channel or quick release arrangement for the leads or having to deal with the necessity of head end ignition (if one doesn't want to). That would be a very nice option. Kurt

Examples of identified uses of the MarsaNet remote pyro units - Early user, collaborator and beta tester projects:

• Nosecone deployed main chute (chute cannon)
  • Airstart and HEI
  • Staging and separation charges
  • Booster recovery deployment
  • Fincan installation of altimeter - deployments up top

john what is HEI?
sorry for my ignorance..Denis

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Rocketry Forum

Examples of identified uses of the MarsaNet remote pyro units - Early user, collaborator and beta tester projects:

• Fincan installation of altimeter - deployments up top

This could eliminate the need for ladders at the pad!

Maybe:wink:

Here a picture of the initial MarsaNet gadgets. If I can build some inventory with the new stuff we might have an sale announcement.

Shown: Marsa54L bottom right, MrfBridge bottom left, Remote Pyro top left, prototype 900mhz telemetry transmitter.
MrfBridge and MrfPyro release is imminent. Check this thread or www.marsa4.com for latest status.

20141122_135317.jpg

John... could you include in your gadget a temperature sensor that send info thru the telemetry transmitter? every hybrid flyer would kiss you...and dreamin' even more..a 2nd sensor at bottom of nitrous tank would be a also a great input for ignition of..a second stage..wireless ! :))

Do you want a gadget that measures the vent plume temperature? 3 channels probably? I am not sure I understand the sensor at the bottom of the nitrous tank. Could you explain more?

Is there anyway to work in a connection to an Android phone for status of the altimeter?
And or even flight summary to the phone as well?

JD

Yes. there are 3 ways I am looking at. Haven't picked yet.

John. This is really, really cool. I could retrofit a few rockets without having to figure out how to add pyro channels through a built fincan.

A couple of questions. With the initial pyro units, will there be an ability to use an external battery in parallel to allow them to fire an igniter vs. an ematch?

Can I assume there is a way to program for loss of communication with part of the network? Ie, a first stage dropping away with a mrfpyro onboard?

And finally, carbon fiber.... Have you done any testing with carbon fiber airframes and/ or bulkheads? I use a lot of carbon fiber these days ;)

alex

Last edited:
John. This is really, really cool. I could retrofit a few rockets without having to figure out how to add pyro channels through a built fincan.

A couple of questions. With the initial pyro units, will there be an ability to use an external battery in parallel to allow them to fire an igniter vs. an ematch?

The initial units are limited to a 1S Lipo. The standard included LiPo can source alot of current but because of the built in charger you cannot increase the battery voltage.

Can I assume there is a way to program for loss of communication with part of the network? Ie, a first stage dropping away with a mrfpyro onboard?

The remote pyro allows for a delayed fire mode, for instance if you wanted to deploy recovery on a first stage you can command it to fire after a preset delay in case the unit is out of radio range when you want the event to happen.

And finally, carbon fiber.... Have you done any testing with carbon fiber airframes and/ or bulkheads? I use a lot of carbon fiber these days ;)

I haven't tested that yet, but as long as all the gadgets are inside the tube they should all be able to communicate.

--john

A bunch of MarsaNet gadgets from the building inventory. MarsaNet Bridges on the right, MarsaNetPyros on the left. Just need to finish up some firmware tweaks on the Marsa54L release and we will unleash these.

20141201_130216.jpg

A bunch of MarsaNet gadgets from the building inventory. MarsaNet Bridges on the right, MarsaNetPyros on the left. Just need to finish up some firmware tweaks on the Marsa54L release and we will unleash these.

Excellent!

Let me know when I can order. :)

-Kevin

Back