Sugar rockets And what I should know

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermsmegerms

Reaction score
I live in central MN and have been messing around with Make sugar rockets. More specifically, Sugar and potassium nitrate sugar rockets. I have a pretty good mix that burns even and puts out quite a bit of force. What i want to know is how do I avoid getting in any trouble when I want to eventually launch these.

I am supper new around this forum so sorry if i did something wrong with this post.

Not going to find much help here with those poor English/Grammar Skills.

This forum has specific rules regarding research motors (of which sugar motors are a subset) specifically there is a sub-forum (with restricted access) dedicated to it. You probably aren't going to get a lot of specific advice out here in the public parts of TRF.

I don't participate in motor research (not one of my interests currently) so I can't really help you. I'm sure others will be along shortly to (hopefully) give you advice to keep you on the right side of applicable US regulations (and forum rules) as well as keeping yourself, and those around you safe.

"messing around with" making motors is probably not something you want to do without a mentor. I would look into finding a Tripoli prefecture in your area and seeing about findng a research motor mentor...

Short answer be a tripoil member L2 or higher and ask in the research section only

Back