Madcow Releases new Thin-Wall 3" Fiberglass Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Madcow Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We just released a couple new 3" Thin-Wall Lightweight Fiberglass kits to go with our 1.6" and 2.6" Thin-Wall kits.

The kits come with a black molded plastic nose cone and have an option to upgrade to a FW nose cone. They also feature a 38mm MMT, rail buttons and 1/8" G10 fins. The prototypes came in at 2lbs without motor.

We have a super low intro price for the first batch. You can check them out here: https://www.madcowrocketry.com/3-diameter/

madcow30thin.jpg

Last edited:
Hope they last till the first of the month when I get paid!

Please stop, I am running out of room!!! I've passed the news onto the SEVRA membership so I can live vicariously through them.

do you take kidneys in trade? how about a liver? I need that twitch rocket :)

Ugh. My wallet is screaming at me right now... I promised my wife I'd lay off buying rockets until I've built the ones I have... Twitch looks like it would be hella fun to race with. 38mm mount? ... That'll scoot!

I am weak. I have several of these coming and I hope to pass them along to SEVRA as prizes we award at the annual holiday dinner. I get to keep one.

Got one... replacing a Piranha 2.6 fiberglass bird that was killed by a cato. Scooped up a mini DX3 too :cool:

I tried to order a Twitch and the page froze up on me after choosing a shipping method. I refreshed and tried to order again and it says not enough stock. Dooh!!!

Edit: Disregard. I tried again and it showed a Twitch in my cart from the first order attempt. The web site possibly will only let you order only one.... or maybe I just got the last one. :)

Last edited:
He must've paid for a FG nose cone. Mine has a black plastic nose. I got mine today and started it. Like it so far. All the parts dry fit pretty nicely. Thinking with a clear or light FG nose cone, these would make great night rockets.

Vote Now:
A) Give Mike a kick in the shins because we can't afford all the new cool stuff at once
B) Give Mike a big, wet, sloppy kiss and a hug for all the new cool stuff he's releasing

Seriously, if you haven't flown a MadCow-you are missing a bovinely delightful experience.
A huge vote of appreciation from this rocket junkie for the cool kits. Hmm-I'm in LA Monday, I should stop by and fill up the van...TRICK or TREAT MadCow! :)

Madcow,

Congratulations in the new product development. I am very interested in “thin wall” applications of fiberglass. I have always believed many composite airframes are “over engineered” to the needs of sport rocketry. So I’ll be rooting for those products with hope they will usher a universal conversion towards engineered performance.

Feckless

Last edited:
Congrats Mike at Madcow (but he already know I support him). Have a few other of his kits, like the FG Lil Goblin which is another fine thin wall FG kit!

My Twitch and Scooter kits arrived, as did the decals from StickerShock (Thanks to both). The kits are very nice. Once I clear a few projects off of the workbench, I'll be building a Scooter next. I'll probably build the Mini AGM-33 Pike at the same time. We are very fortunate have all of these neat new kits coming to market.

Back