SARA/ SOUTHERN ARIZONA ROCKETRY ASSOCIATION

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well fellow rocket flyers....small and large. I'm stippling in to say hi
. its been work and work and Hot.
.I personally want to fly month of Sept, obligations for Aug..looking forward to see all. Got a few projects going. Ed

Does anyone have any idea when the next motor-vendor supported launch will be? I'm not a frequent enough flier to know, but I do recall that Desert Heat isn't always the only one of the year...or is it?

Looking for some help cleaning up the range next Tuesday 11/15...say 08:30?
PM me if you able and willing to help me out. I don't plan on flying anything at this time.
Thanks,
Brett

Lately the turnout at Desert Heat, SSS' GHS, and Springblast have not made it worthwhile for vendors to come out. Perhaps we should discuss a regional event with both SSS and SARA... Oh wait... We are!:)

I need to submit my final vacation requests for next year and would sure like to plan around such an event

Just started discussing at GHS.
We've been scouting sites, and found an ideal site on private property that we are working on now. Half the distance to PHX than the Salome Airfield. Closer to TUS than our current sites and RV was.

Springblast is scheduled for April 7-9, so right now that is probably the closest date unless we can work out an earlier date at the new site or ???

If we can get all our ducks in a row, Springblast should be at the new site with a very good waiver.

It seems there should be something around casa Grande or the like but none of us live there to scout it.

It seems there should be something around casa Grande or the like but none of us live there to scout it.

I have a friend who lives up there, but he's not a flyer (might be willing to help, though). How do you get started? I get using Google Earth to survey to find space, but how do you then connect that data to a landowner (or BLM) to begin to negotiate? Just need to know someone who knows who owns the land, or are County Recorders used? Harry Stine had some quaint tips in his book, IIRC, but not sure the local barbershop would yield much info when there are so many corporate farms around.

I have a friend who lives up there, but he's not a flyer (might be willing to help, though). How do you get started? I get using Google Earth to survey to find space, but how do you then connect that data to a landowner (or BLM) to begin to negotiate? Just need to know someone who knows who owns the land, or are County Recorders used? Harry Stine had some quaint tips in his book, IIRC, but not sure the local barbershop would yield much info when there are so many corporate farms around.

Go here:

https://gismaps-test.pinalcountyaz.gov/webmap/webmap3.aspx?XML=parcelviewer.xml

to see your site and who owns it. The link above is only for Pinal County. The site uses Silverlight so it won't work in Chrome.

We've already found a site and toured it with the owner. Looking good. Stay tuned...

So who got in on the holiday sales? And what did you buy? I got myself a nice assortment of motors. Including the new AT K2050 Super Blue Thunder and some Loki motors in a few flavors.

Nice....I dont get to see till the fella in the red suit drops it off..lol

Thanks SARA... Ken Weaver President and Brett R. For your assistance in being my L2 cert team.

Attachments

• 20161217_212530.jpg
    20161217_212530.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
Just started discussing at GHS.
We've been scouting sites, and found an ideal site on private property that we are working on now. Half the distance to PHX than the Salome Airfield. Closer to TUS than our current sites and RV was.

Springblast is scheduled for April 7-9, so right now that is probably the closest date unless we can work out an earlier date at the new site or ???

If we can get all our ducks in a row, Springblast should be at the new site with a very good waiver.

Any more word on the new site? Sounds like a great option!

Good question, Ed. The board has been watching the forecast this week, and given the high winds and chance of rain expected Saturday, we have decided to move the Saturday, Jan 21, 2017 SARA launch to the following day, Sunday, Jan 22, 2017. Same bat time -- 9 am - 1 pm. We will be peppering the airwaves with news on other channels Friday morning (email, facebook, twitter), once we have confirmed our waiver for Sunday's launch. But since you asked, you all can get the news a bit early.

We hope to see you there!

James Cramton
SARA President
[email protected]

Last edited:
Back