SARA/ SOUTHERN ARIZONA ROCKETRY ASSOCIATION

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if we'll have a high power motor vendor on site for this year's desert heat? I know animal pro will be out Sunday, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make it.

I do understand how hard it is to get out and launch our rockets. Im sure hoping to get a weekend off here sometime soon so we can join you all for another great launch there in Tucson. We will be flying out here in SanTan Valley. If the occasion arises and anyone wants to get together for a weekday launch. Send a message and we will see if if we can work it out.
You all have a great launch Sunday!!!!!!!:cool:

Last edited:
It's a ways down the road but SARA is hosting NARAM 57 this year and the sport range will be open from July 25th to the 31st and I know that Balsa Machining Services will be attending the event. At this time I do not know what other vendors will also be there. A week of launch time should allow anyone to be able to launch!

It's a ways down the road but SARA is hosting NARAM 57 this year and the sport range will be open from July 25th to the 31st and I know that Balsa Machining Services will be attending the event. At this time I do not know what other vendors will also be there. A week of launch time should allow anyone to be able to launch!

Right on... Im coming down for that one:cool: And dag gum it I wish I could make it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
The last NARAM I attended was in the late 90's (97 I think) Different site but hosted by SARA ?? I dont remember but yes we were all camped out there... A real blast- Great time we had.

Yep, it was in 97 back before I really got back into it. I remember looking at the static scale displays, but was not able to get out to the actual launch site. Great launch today, I was so busy doing certs and BS-ing that I barely had time to prep the carbon footprint for a flight. Got it into the air with 5 min left in the waiver on a I366 red line. Love them redline reloads! Many thanks to AMW for attending our launch (it is always great having a vendor on site).

Im sure the photos will be on Flicker but does anyone have some preview pics they can post? I bet it was a good launch and great time had by all.:cool:

I'm a local, but am wondering if camping will be permitted at the event? I'm in Oro Valley, so even though Greater Tucson, is still about 80-90 minutes from TIMPAA...time spent behind the wheel is time time wasted...

I do not know. Steve is the one to ask as he is the one most involved in organizing the event. The host hotel is the Doubletree and there are events going on there at night during the week. It might be a bit hot for camping out in July. I am planning to take the week off and commute to the field from home which is about a 40 min drive for me. Although I might splurge on a night or two at the hotel. There are always some amazing folks who attend. When we ran the sport range at the NARAM with SSS up in Phoenix, I complimented an elderly flier on the scale rocket he was about to launch and only realized afterwards that it was Vern Estes!

https://sararocketry.org/index.php/contact-us

https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/h...ton-hotel-tucson-reid-park-TUSBTDT/index.html

Last edited:
Im sure the photos will be on Flicker but does anyone have some preview pics they can post? I bet it was a good launch and great time had by all.:cool:

Couldn't have asked for better temps & weather!
My photos from SARA's first 2015 launch are now online! Enjoy! :)

https://fotos.nahcpj.com/sara_01262015

Some teasers:

p102177054-2.jpg
p372244819-2.jpg
p597865434-2.jpg

Nice pics-- You all had a blast- Thanks for the teasers and link:cool:

Last edited:
It's official!
SARA is hosting a private A -G non waivered launch for a small group of rocketeers on Tuesday, Feb 10, from 9:00 a.m. to about 1:00 p.m. If you are able to help with range set-up and tear-down, please notify our Member-at-Large Ken Weaver at [email protected]. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Best Regards,
J. Sean Keane
President, SARA

Last edited:
Going to have a blast..and a BIG THANKS to SARA!!! and Mr. Ken Weaver for getting this going for us.:cool:

Last edited:
It's official!
SARA is hosting a private A -G non waivered launch for a small group of rocketeers on Tuesday, Feb 10, from 9:00 a.m. to about 1:00 p.m. If you are able to help with range set-up and tear-down, please notify our Member-at-Large Ken Weaver at [email protected]. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Best Regards,
J. Sean Keane
President, SARA

Getting ready for Tuesday Fun Blast :cool: View attachment 254376

Hi Guys,
Hope you have a great time. I won't be able to make it. Two people short in my QA/QC department and trying to get mom moved into an assisted care home this week. Just a bit too much on my plate. Looking forward to this months regular launch.
Hoping you guys have clear skies and no wind!
Kevin

Would this site be available other times? Whose permission would we need?

We sure had ourselves an awesome launch today. SARA had a great midweek "brunch launch" and thanks to the Board President and to K. Weaver for getting this going. 7 flyers and many successful(all except 1 separation with no damage to the rocket) launches. C thru G power. I got my first Dual Deploy. Great shot with the Mirage on an Aerotech G64 with main Deploy at 300'. Altitude 886' per the RRC2+ which worked perfectly as advertised.. Brett and I had a drag race . My Estes Eliminator on F44-8 and and Bretts Estes Mammoth on an F50. looked like a few flights in the 2K+ altitude range. The LOC 4-29SS of mine shortened by 15 inches flew pretty good on the 2F44-8W motors. 1 came in alittle late but still a good flight thanks to Ken recommendation of the 6' rod. Fun times. Ken and Co. had a cool shot with a G79-great motor.I wish I had kept better track of the activities . We had great weather no clouds and very little breeze. Here are some pics. Yes Brett brought Duncan doughnuts and coffee and an ice chest of pop and juice.-(pic)-Thanks!!! See you all next time. And of coarse all range safety procedures were followed.
View attachment 254502View attachment 254503View attachment 254504View attachment 254505View attachment 254506View attachment 254508View attachment 254517

Last edited:
For some reason I thought you were using a different site. Wish I could have made it. I will be there on the 21st.

For some reason I thought you were using a different site. Wish I could have made it. I will be there on the 21st.

We would have enjoyed your company and rockets:cool:. It really was a good time. The weather was perfect and we were "relaxed" eating doughnuts, drinking coffee and just having fun flying and talking shop about motors and rockets Etc.. Keep an eye open for another time and have a blast on Saturday.

Glad you had a good time. From the photos look like it is time for some roundup and a weed eater before we are over grown!

What did the gold and black one go up on? Seems rather large for a regular g. If I didn't live 2 hrs away I would have come as well.

Back