38mm MD Mach buster!!! :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primativerocketry

Reaction score
I have started a 38mm MD rocket designed to fly to 2000m on a G-185 V-MAX motor. This rocket has a fibreglass upper body section/play load bay and a kraft paper tube as the lower body section. I do plan to fiver glass the fins and tube maybe. The rocket is pulling 60Gs and is recovering on a long Mylar streamer. I have some questions:
1. How would I track this rocket?
2. How to finer glass parts
3. I'm making a 29 mm version how would I track that rocket?
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1414008119.252168.jpg
That's the payload bay
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1414008201.395323.jpg
Fins aren't done yet :(

Do a few sims. I do not believe you can reach 2000 m with a 38 mm MD rocket using a G185 motor. Too much velocity = too much drag and not enough total impulse for the cross-section. If the rocket is perfect you get 1600-1700 m at best.

Bob

Do a few sims. I do not believe you can reach 2000 m with a 38 mm MD rocket using a G185 motor. Too much velocity = too much drag and not enough total impulse for the cross-section. If the rocket is perfect you get 1600-1700 m at best.

Bob

Got it I'll have the results tomorrow I can't access my computer right now...

If your goal is altitude a Vmax might not be the best choice. An Imax or long burn motor might do it, but ,y guess is that you're going to need at least a 2-grain 38mm motor for that.

You should find a way to get rid of those screw heads that are hanging out in the breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You should find a way to get rid of those screw heads that are hanging out in the breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Yup I'm not using a pay load bay anymore to much drag I'm finishing this soon I'm building a 54mm MD so I'm a bit busy..

Back