Why Can't I Log In With Hightened Security Setting???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I raised my Security/Privacy Levels in my Internet Explorer, but then when I try to log in here it won't let me.
I lowered them and it lets me log in, but I get over a thousand "Objects" everytime I come here that have to get cleaned up in AVG PC Tune-up, so I was trying to block out some of these Cookies and what not.
Why has it got to be this way?

You could try browsing using the "InPrivate" mode of IE. It won't save cookies, but it will make you log-in every so often.

Jerome

If you set IE to not allow "first-party" cookies then the site won't be able to save your login information.

Click the "Privacy" tab in IE's "Internet Options" window. Then click the "Advanced" button.

If the "Override" box is checked, then "Accept" must be checked under "First Party Cookies" and "Always Allow Session Cookies" must be checked. You can select "Blocked" for the "Third-Party" cookies which should get rid of the AVG warnings.

-- Roger

Thanks. That makes sense. I just thought it was odd that I upped my Settings, then when I came here to this Site I could type in my User Name and Password, then click on Log in, and be taken to the PAge where it says "Thank You for Logging in, please click here if your Browser does not redirect you" or something like that. I "Clicked Here" because it was not taking me to the Home Page here, and it would go back to where I had'nt logged in at all.

Back