G Harry Stine Memorial Launch is being Re-scheduled!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuySmith

Reaction score
All,

The lake is still a lake. GHS cannot be held at Kingman at this time. We will are looking to re-schedule GHS to December 12th-14th at our newly waivered site south of Hope, AZ. The waiver is 10,000ft MSL or 8700ft AGL. More details will be provided when plans are finalized.

Guy Smith
Superstition Spacemodelling Society
NAR Section 506
President / NAR Section Advisor

Does this mean that some of you that are being displaced by this might come to the TRA Vegas Launch at Jean Lake instead? (Wayco, I'm thinking of you and Sharon).
This whole late-October/Oktoberfest/UROC/GHS/pretty-lanterns/water-on-the-dry-lakebed/etc. has been really crazy. I hope SOME of us get to launch SOME rockets SOME time soon.

s6

s6,

I am sure that more than a few will be making the trip. Unfortunately, I will not - the wife has already re-purposed my vacation days.

Guy

Yep, we are coming to Oktoberfest, with lots of rockets ready to fly. Hard part is deciding which ones go up first....
I hope the Jean dry lake is drier than Red dry lake.

Sorry S6, Chad and I are Going camping and Yakking @ Woods Canyon Lake on the Mogollion Rim Instead. Jean is a great place to fly, and the hotel is tempting, but I'm itching to go camping, and not itching to drag a trailer 300 miles each way this time. If anyone in AZ not going to Jean, and have a weekend to kill, the more the merrier.

Blue Ridge Reservoir is my favorite lake in Northern Arizona. I used to take my inflatable boat with an electric trolling motor and travel the entire narrow winding length of it. As I passed a kayak-er transporting camping gear they commended that "It just wasn't fair" as I passed them. Looks like it is currently closed for road construction but it the most scenic lake I have ever been on.

Is Bay Area Rocketry going to be able to attend with the new launch date?

Unfortunately they did not have this weekend available. We are looking at doing a group order to support those that need motors for the GHS weekend. Keep an eye on the SSS website for details.

Guy

All,

BLM has informed us that our permit will be approved in time for the December GHS dates. An updated flyer will be posted later today. Again the dates are December 13th and 14th (sat/sun). Friday December 12th will be setup and prep. Camping has been approved. The directions to the new site will be provided in the new flyer. The FAA waiver is for 10,000MSL (8,500AGL). This has been corrected from 8700AGL. More later.

Guy Smith
Superstition Spacemodeling Society
NAR Section 506
President / NAR Section Advisor

All,

Just heard today, the BLM had not performed a cultural survey of the area and will not have the archeologist there until December 1st. The Dates for GHS will need to be pushed to January 10th and 11th. Sorry for the premature release. The flyer will be updated accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding,

Guy Smith
NAR Section 506
President /NAR Section Advisor

Ah well, maybe Bay Area Rocketry will be able to attend with this new launch date. With a G only limit on the night launch this might give me time to build a couple of designs for this power range (most of mine are high power).

Guy -

With the holidays upon us, how firm are the January Dates?

GHS is still scheduled for Jan 10-11. News about BLM permit will be posted as soon as we have any.

Yeah, I didn't see any artifacts out there when we were practicing Dispersed Camping this weekend... :wink:

All,

Just heard today, the BLM had not performed a cultural survey of the area and will not have the archeologist there until December 1st. The Dates for GHS will need to be pushed to January 10th and 11th. Sorry for the premature release. The flyer will be updated accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding,

Guy Smith
NAR Section 506
President /NAR Section Advisor

Terry,

Check out our website for a description, map and gallery (www.sssrocketry.com). A decent view of the site can be glimpsed from the onboard video one of our members took.
[video=youtube_share;qPajPFT0UFI]https://youtu.be/qPajPFT0UFI[/video]

Enjoy!

Guy

Back