• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carbon Fiber - Preorder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that is just nasty. I think I can see the weave. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Yeah, try and act all well mannered and stuff - I saw the look on your face as I peeled that plastic back!

-Kevin

BTW a couple of notes...

1) If you've "bought in" and want your CF "folded" (not creased, gently folded) instead of wrapped around a mandrel, send me an email. Unless I hear otherwise, it'll be wrapped around a piece of PVC or cardboard.

2) If you've not "bought in" and still want some, send me an email -- I'll put you on the list. There's a limit to how much of the remaining stash will be sold, and it'll be first-come first-served. I have one email already (which I've replied to), and that person is at the top of the list. No, I don't know the price, yet.

-Kevin

Ooh... mine's to the top of the picture. Smithers! Ready the epoxy. (Devious finger arching.)

175 of 225 yards measured, cut and packaged. However, it's not ready for shipment -- the plastic you see is just protective, but not shipment worthy.

In regards to shipping, I have a question... Do you want me to wrap in plastic and ship that way, or would you prefer boxes? I'm estimating about $2 per person for me to obtain a pair of 4x4x36 boxes which I can then merge into one box large enough to hold a roll for shipping. So, that's an educated guess of about $2 additional in materials for shipping. They'll all have to go one way or the other -- I have to buy the boxes 25 at a time, and I don't want to "eat" 15 of them.

Right now if my quick math is right, I'm a little over $3 for each in materials (tape, plastic, PVC, etc)

-Kevin

Not a big deal but probably prefer boxes. Don't mind any extra charge, just let me know.
Dan Schwartz

Boxes seem to be the trend, so boxes are on order. Because we combined it with an order for boxes for Tripoli, shipping was cheaper (splitting shipping costs!) for me to get the boxes.

Boxes are $2.13 per person, including shipping and tax.

-Kevin

The boxes arrived late yesterday; I won't have time to do anything with them until Friday or Saturday at the soonest. Possibly early next week. I'd like to get that done soon so carbon can be on its way to you (and out of my hands!) by early December.

We've not yet had a chance to get together and finishing measuring & cutting carbon fiber.

I'll keep you posted.

-Kevin

A little over half the CF is cut, packaged and ready to ship.

The problem? I'm missing addresses for most people. If you could PM them to me (or email), I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Kevin

The last of the carbon has been measured, cut, and wrapped. Now, I need to get it boxed and ready to ship. Thanks a bunch to Mark for helping with this -- it made it go a lot faster!

I have a commitment tomorrow night, so it'll be Wednesday before I get the boxing done.

-Kevin

Not a problem Kevin! I had fun!

Mark

The last of the carbon has been measured, cut, and wrapped. Now, I need to get it boxed and ready to ship. Thanks a bunch to Mark for helping with this -- it made it go a lot faster!

I have a commitment tomorrow night, so it'll be Wednesday before I get the boxing done.

-Kevin

Picked mine up at the THOR meeting tonight; it's nice-looking CF.

Thanks again Troj!

Everyone has either an email for a private message with their shipping total, with the exception of two of you -- two of you have questions on your preferred method (trying to keep this as inexpensive for everyone as possible).

Shipping will either be FedEx Ground or USPS, depending on which quoted me a lower price for each recipient.

-Kevin

Got my shipping notice. In preparation, I spent a few days in the metal shop at my school and welded up this little "fabric roll holder" for my workshop that will hold carbon fiber, fiberglass and peel ply. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1418006162.666187.jpg
Now I just need to fill it up!

Alex

Alex, where were you when we were trying to figure out how to handle the 100+ pound rolls of carbon?!

Yeah, I think that rack will work nicely for you

-Kevin

Seven boxes went out today; everyone whose shipped today should already having their tracking numbers.

I know I have payment for more waiting for me at home; I'll get those processed tonight, and more will go out tomorrow.

Those of you getting them via USPS will have your tracking number before it's actually dropped off (I use their online system, which is not only faster and easier, but saves you money! :) ). The few where FedEx is cheaper, I won't have tracking until I actually drop it off.

-Kevin

Kevin

My is coming by a hyper pack mule correct?

Wayne

PS With no stamps (Inside joke for everyone else.)

Back