Nar jr level 1 ldrs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemisterbig

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if someone can fly high powered at ldrs if they are nar junior level 1 certified? As far as i know you only need to be tra if your flying research motors which i wont be flying.

thanks, littlemisterbig

think your supposed to be tra JR.

You going? A bunch if us teens will be there: Codysmith, Blackbrandt and myself.

There is no reciprocity between NAR j1 Level 1 and Tripoli TMP.

-Kevin

I'll probably be going too. Does a CAR Junior Level 2 mean anything to Tripoli? I'll be turning 18 next month so if our club has an HPR launch before LDRS then I could be fully CAR Level 2 (and possibly 3 if I keep going). Could those be transferred over to a Tripoli membership (which I have yet to get)?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
Could i get a tripoli memebership and then do my cert at ldrs and then fly my other rockets afterwards?

I'll probably be going too. Does a CAR Junior Level 2 mean anything to Tripoli? I'll be turning 18 next month so if our club has an HPR launch before LDRS then I could be fully CAR Level 2 (and possibly 3 if I keep going). Could those be transferred over to a Tripoli membership (which I have yet to get)?

There no no reciprocity between any of the organizations on Junior certifications.

There is reciprocity on Senior certifications. So a CAR Level 1/Level 2 is honored by Tripoli as a Level 1.

-Kevin

Can I take it at the field even if its a nar field?

It is a Tripoli test and must be administered by a TAP or Prefect. Where they agree to meet you to have you take the test is up to them. Regardless of the test and organization, the most favorable outcome for everyone involved is if you contact the person and coordinate a time with them in advance.

-Kevin

Back