CMASS October 18, 2014 Amesbury

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkrech

Reaction score
For the first and possibly only time a sparky was launched at a CMASS launch in Amesbury.

index.php

After the first thunderstorm and 2 subsequent rain storms, Bill actually oked a Skid launch in Amesbury as the grass (and the launch participants were thoroughly soaked.

Jim Salem ran down to the AMW ProX trailer and bought a Pro38 Skid and the rest is history.

Al, this one's for you.....

Bob

Impressionist painting of the AMW truck and trailer or the view through my windshield during one of the incidents of "light rain".

amw.jpg

Kenn came down from Amesbury today to help me remove soggy stuff from the trailer and he assured me that there were high winds in Amesbury today and Saturday was the better day.

In a rare bit of forethought on my part, I actually brought a tarp and was able to keep my stuff dry when the rain started. :)

This is a video of the pink Deuce's Wild I launched for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

[video=youtube_share;Eat7NUolHsU]https://youtu.be/Eat7NUolHsU[/video]

I tried to post the video and some pictures in the CMASS gallery but had gotten logged out ("forgotten") somehow. I haven't logged in for quite a while and forgot the username/password that I had used. :blush: I can't seem to get the site to email me with a username to start the process of getting back in. I fill in the security thing, click on the send and nothing happens. :confused: I couldn't post to the CMASS forum so I guess I have to ask for help here. :facepalm:

Mike, can you get to the Contact Us link? That should let you send an email to various CMASS functionaries, including the Webmaster.

Mike, can you get to the Contact Us link? That should let you send an email to various CMASS functionaries, including the Webmaster.

Good idea. I did it.

Hmm. Bill Spadafora...Functionary. Sounds impressive. :)

My electronic dictionary/thesaurus has a one word definition: official. (for functionary, not Spadafora). :wink:

Well, Howard G is a functional functionary for sure. Got me back into the site.:grin:

So all I need is driving rain for an HPR 2 stage @ Amesbury?

Sure. There's nothing I would enjoy more than to watch you putting it on the pad and arming the electronics in torrential rain.

Were you able to get the batteries?

My electronic dictionary/thesaurus has a one word definition: official. (for functionary, not Spadafora). :wink:

I've been called something that sounds similar.

Please hold on to them. At some point in the next few months I'll probably be at my sister in laws house in East Hartford. I wish I remembered last week when my daughter was visiting her.

Latest posts

Back