mwp12- low power race

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Ok, I was thinking of having an informal low power race at mwp12. Let's say the longest time in the air (including recovery) wins. I'll give a 3 pack of Estes C6-5 engines to the winner.

Rules:
Motor size is anything D and below. I'd prefer no clusters or multiple stages- just one engine, one rocket.
Motor has to be something commercial- no "it looks like an M motor but I call it a C" EX motors
Rocket has to be "recoverable" in that you can't attach a 172" parachute to an Estes Yankee and have it never come back down. Chute doesn't have to be stock, but has to be something reasonable. Rockets stuck in trees are ok- you can still win.
Rocket can be anything- kit built or scratch, as long as it meets the requirements above and passes RSO checkin.

I'm looking for this to be a race that's not based on flying the biggest/baddest thing you have - anyone could enter and potentially win.

If there's open space, I'll fly one of my rockets, but I won't count as a winner- i'm just there to fly for fun.

How about we meet at the RSO checkin at 11am on Sat. Anyone else in?

Ok, I was thinking of having an informal low power race at mwp12. Let's say the longest time in the air (including recovery) wins. I'll give a 3 pack of Estes C6-5 engines to the winner.

Rules:
Motor size is anything D and below. I'd prefer no clusters or multiple stages- just one engine, one rocket.
Motor has to be something commercial- no "it looks like an M motor but I call it a C" EX motors
Rocket has to be "recoverable" in that you can't attach a 172" parachute to an Estes Yankee and have it never come back down. Chute doesn't have to be stock, but has to be something reasonable. Rockets stuck in trees are ok- you can still win.
Rocket can be anything- kit built or scratch, as long as it meets the requirements above and passes RSO checkin.

I'm looking for this to be a race that's not based on flying the biggest/baddest thing you have - anyone could enter and potentially win.

If there's open space, I'll fly one of my rockets, but I won't count as a winner- i'm just there to fly for fun.

How about we meet at the RSO checkin at 11am on Sat. Anyone else in?

Wow, MWP12 "The Year of the DRAG RACE"--I count at least six...

I'm thinking I can win with my Blackpup (Bullpup with a D12-7) and an 18" chute. ... Long walk, though.
I would decline a prize if I won... I'm just up for the fun of it! ... Think I can squeeze a 24" chute in there? How about an AT 24mm reload? ;)

Yeah... a wizzard on a 18mm D-21... I dunno, maybe reloads shouldn't be allowed.

I think I will probably pass. With my luck, I will still be trying to find my rocket from the 10AM drag race. But if I am back and there is an open spot, I might participate.

Back