Stuffs out of storage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, my good neighbor Nait helped me get my boxes out of storage and I spent until 4:30am est unpacking and looking through stuffs.
I realized that I had all the building sutff, but no plans, decals and the like.
Tonight, my nephew went with me and we retreived a file cabinet with the above mentioned missing items, along with my wet bench which I kept from my wood shop. At least my water stones will be at home again. And kitchen cutlery will be sharp again.
I am currently cleaning off the gunk from almost 2 years of storagwe, and will post pics when I can.
Due to the way things were packed, storage range of temps, fins are no longer in the angles to the body tubes as they should be.
I have 2 choices. counter the effect with time and weight, or cut 100's of fins off and remount them. This is the 64 million dollar question.
But rest assurred, they will get finished and fly at least once, even if fate be it a CATO. I don't care, my fun is creeation. I guess that's why I was a Fine Woodworker.

Pics will follow, but getting a place to sleep for tonight is most important.
My room here at the apparments is about the same size as was my rocket lab in the basement in my home. Yikes! that's sad!!!

Last edited:
Use a blow dryer, warm up the glue joints, straighten them, and let them cool.

OR

take the out tothe field on a hot day, let them bake next to the car for a while, and then straighten the fins.

either should work.

I think.

Sounds like you have a few more issues than aligned model rocket fins. Good luck to you.

Use a blow dryer, warm up the glue joints, straighten them, and let them cool.

OR

take the out tothe field on a hot day, let them bake next to the car for a while, and then straighten the fins.

either should work.

I think.

I'm in agreement with John - heat softened the glue and storage set them that way. Just reverse the process. :)

Or, be like me and be impatient - pop them off, clean off the glue, and glue them back on.

-Kevin

May back is hurting too bad today from moving stuffs the last 2 days to do anything today.
I'll Post pics tomorrow, I hope.
How do you fit your life, rockets a small part, in an area the size of you rocket lab?
I threw away the bed and sleep in a recliner to start. Not good on the back for sure.
U manage with what U got, and be proud of it.
Not what I have is to be proud of rocket wise, but I keep the thrill going...

I am still working forward to a working model rocket building bench.
The time I can spend on my feet is limited, so for the last 6 months not much has been accommplished.
I'm still waiting on the new owner of my home to turn over the cabinet for all my bins to me.
I've been there at least 50 times and no one has answered the door, though I think someone hase been there.
He said he would give me the cabinet, since he is the son of a life long nieghborhood and buddy.
I guess Aaron Koepnick does not respect or honor his statements.

Back