TRF Calendar Photos PLEASE SUBMIT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when are we closing voting for this?

(also wanted to bump to get this back to the front page.... :p)

I will leave this open for 1 more week. It will close at 23:59:59 EST on 30 Oct 2014.

Timestamp

qquake2's Upscale Shadow
Conman13's 2 stageqquake2 Upscale Alpha IIIBlackbrandts AMRAAMBlackbrandt's Deuces 98DizWolf's DX3Tetrahedron's TomohawkGrimracer's FailureCKJohnson's Saturn Vwfcook's Mega der Drei Maxhnefi's Vagabond on Rocky Mountainswfcook's PatriotDixwolf's Unnamed RocketBat-Mite's Unnamed Rocketrobbdm's Wild Thang Extremerobbdm's Honest Johnonebadhawk's King Viperonebadhawk's Green Hornetonebadhawk's unnamed rocketonebadhawk's Really Fat Boyonebadhawk's Black BrantLeo's Deutschceptorqquake2's Jersey BomberJMZawodny's Behemoth Bertha 75JMZawodny's Upscale Estes Black Star VoyagerJMZawodny's Extreme Wildmanles's Gravity Rider on American FlagStable1's To the MoonJMZawodny's "Glad that isn't me"Stable1's Solar Surfingwfcook's "Let's go see the RSO"wfcook's "Winter at Higgs Farm"FrozenFerrari's Green RocketFrozenFerrari's 2 stageFrozenFerrari's Blue FlameFrozenFerrari's "Sparky in the Desert"FrozenFerrari's Unnamed RocketFrozenFerrari's White SmokeyFrozenFerrari's Mach DiamondsFrozenFerrari's "Above the Pad Cam"FrozenFerrari's Yellow RocketFrozenFerrari's Red Rocket White Smokey motorjpoehlman's "Soaring Dusty Flies again"Stable1's "A Bad Day"JDCluster's Wildman EXJMZawodny's "Sam Delong's CATO"Stable1's "Fishing at Bong"Stable1's "Starting Young"Stable1's "Twice the Fun"Stable1's "The Race"Dizwolf's DarkstarDizwolf's OptimaDizwolf's G-force (I think)Dizwolf's Unnamed RocketAdrienne Ramey's JerichoAKSRocket's Orbital TransportBABAR's Alien Outhouse"Mikes Neat Scratch Build"The Rocket Kid's Unnamed Rocket failure jus_rocket's Red Rocket on padjus_rocket's Red rocketjus_rocket's Red Rocket in airwfcook's Mad Cowwfcook's Jericho in flightW7AMI's M1939 rocketJMZawodny's UFO upscale invaderLowpuller's "So Wrong it's right"Dennis Watkin's Broken ArrowSerpico's AndroidW7AMI's Rocket Silhouette leaving padW7AMI's nose cone separationBlackbrandt's Space Shuttle on American FlagJeff Gortatowsky's Mega Red Maxkelltym88's Upscale Photon disrupterdgreger's Upscale Archerwfcook's Red Glare Der Red Max's on pad.Serpico's AndroidSerpico's Android CRC's Optimus PrimeCRC's SNAFU on sparkyburkefj's V2burkefj's Pershing 1Aburkefj's ALCM Rocket gliderLowpuller's Lawn DartJDCLuster's Ultimate Endeavour
SUM1132168171792312199019112761586214226313114632243221111684170131081353112331464621081217296151426761455692017945

Last edited:
Doesn't look like mine are gonna make it......:cry: But that's OK, there were some really, really good pics to choose from...... Should be a great calendar.

Thanks for doing this, Matt. I don't care what your mom says about you, you're a good kid!

I have a suggestion for the calendar.

Make November and December collages of all the non selected photos and pick something for the front and back cover.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I have a suggestion for the calendar.

Make November and December collages of all the non selected photos and pick something for the front and back cover.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Nice idea.

My rocket is in the middle of the pack as of the last running total. (listed as Dwatkins Broken Arrow, but actually my BA 5xp and his photo). Hint/plug! Vote...
And to think we hauled that beast all the way from Indiana to Nevada for that shot. Hint/plug! Vote... :grin:
Many good photos!! It will be a great calendar.

Oh, happy belated birthday Blackbrandt. Didn't realize you were that young!

I, too, am interested in the results, but let's cut Matt some slack. I'm in high school too, and the workload can get a little crazy at times...

Nate

Last edited:
I, too, am interested in the results, but let's cut Matt some slack. I'm in high school too, and the workload can get a little crazy at times...

Nate

Nah, no slack for him, he can go to school in his pajamas :p:p:p:p:p:p

Sorry. I was camping all weekend. 35 mph winds, raining all weekend, 40 for a high. Ranger training for CAP (search and rescue tactics). I just learned what #rangerDARE is: Dump All Ranger Equipment...

And this is just my day pack. :p

Give me a day or two to tally up the results.

Here is the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i0hb_lcE_99-q_dipRoVOcjAyzBik0CaicAqdT4ZOcQ/edit?usp=sharing

Everything as of
11/2/2014 11:27:58 EST is locked in. Anything after will be ignored.

Looks like this is the tally based on the spreadsheet, with a three way tie for 11th and 12th...of course it wont' be official till blackbrandt confirms it:)

JMZawodny's Upscale Estes Black Star Voyager 31
AKSRocket's Orbital Transport 29
wfcook's Mega der Drei Max 29
qquake2's Upscale Shadow 29
Grimracer's Failure 29
burkefj's V2 28
wfcook's Patriot 27
robbdm's Wild Thang Extreme 26
JMZawodny's "Sam Delong's CATO" 25
Blackbrandt's Deuces 98 24
Conman13's 2 stage 23
W7AMI's Rocket Silhouette leaving pad 23
burkefj's Pershing 1A 23

OK. Here is the official top 12:
1. JMZawodny's Upscale Estes Black Star Voyager 31
2. AKSRocket's Orbital Transport 29
3. wfcook's Mega der Drei Max 29
4. qquake2's Upscale Shadow 29
5. Grimracer's Failure 29
6. burkefj's V2 28
7. wfcook's Patriot 27
8. robbdm's Wild Thang Extreme 26
9. JMZawodny's "Sam Delong's CATO" 25
10. Blackbrandt's Deuces 98 24
11. Conman13's 2 stage 23
11. W7AMI's Rocket Silhouette leaving pad 23
11. burkefj's Pershing 1A 23

These photos are guaranteed in the calendar. I will pull additional photos as needed in order of descending number of votes.

Thanks, Matt, for all the hard work. Where should we send full-res images?

Last edited:
Oh, yes. About that. For the image names in the post above, I need a full res photo, sent to my email ([email protected]). In the subject line, I need it as (#Rank) (Photo Name). For example,

#6 burkefj's V2

In the email, I need the full res photo (a link to it is fine).

Below that, please put the following info:
Rocket Name
Motor
Owner of Rocket
Owner of photograph (if different from owner of rocket)
Where taken
When Taken

Bolded info is required. Non bolded info is optional but useful for me.

I will start playing around with the full res pics once I get some. I will post a draft soon. Going camping again this weekend, with no internet. :)

By sending your photo to me, you agree that I have edit rights on the photo.

JMZawodny's Upscale Estes Black Star VoyagerAKSRocket's Orbital Transportwfcook's Mega der Drei Maxqquake2's Upscale ShadowGrimracer's Failureburkefj's V2wfcook's Patriotrobbdm's Wild Thang ExtremeJMZawodny's "Sam Delong's CATO"Blackbrandt's Deuces 98Conman13's 2 stageburkefj's Pershing 1AJMZawodny's UFO upscale invaderW7AMI's Rocket Silhouette leaving padStable1's Solar SurfingTetrahedron's TomohawkDizWolf's DX3onebadhawk's Really Fat BoyJMZawodny's Behemoth Bertha 75Dizwolf's Darkstarwfcook's Red Glare Der Red Max's on pad.W7AMI's nose cone separationStable1's "Starting Young"W7AMI's M1939 rocketonebadhawk's King Viper"Mikes Neat Scratch Build"Stable1's "Twice the Fun"hnefi's Vagabond on Rocky MountainsStable1's To the MoonCRC's SNAFU on sparkyDixwolf's Unnamed RocketCKJohnson's Saturn VDennis Watkin's Broken Arrowburkefj's ALCM Rocket gliderStable1's "A Bad Day"wfcook's Mad Cowonebadhawk's unnamed rocketonebadhawk's Black Brantonebadhawk's Green HornetStable1's "The Race"Jeff Gortatowsky's Mega Red Maxkelltym88's Upscale Photon disrupterjus_rocket's Red Rocket on padThe Rocket Kid's Unnamed Rocket failuredgreger's Upscale Archerjpoehlman's "Soaring Dusty Flies again"wfcook's Jericho in flightqquake2 Upscale Alpha IIIDizwolf's Optimawfcook's "Let's go see the RSO"JMZawodny's Extreme WildmanCRC's Optimus PrimeSerpico's Androidjus_rocket's Red rocketLowpuller's Lawn DartJDCLuster's Ultimate EndeavourSerpico's AndroidLeo's DeutschceptorSerpico's AndroidBlackbrandts AMRAAMqquake2's Jersey BomberFrozenFerrari's Blue FlameBABAR's Alien OuthouseJDCluster's Wildman EXDizwolf's G-force (I think)wfcook's "Winter at Higgs Farm"FrozenFerrari's "Sparky in the Desert"jus_rocket's Red Rocket in airLowpuller's "So Wrong it's right"les's Gravity Rider on American FlagBlackbrandt's Space Shuttle on American FlagBat-Mite's Unnamed RocketFrozenFerrari's Green RocketFrozenFerrari's 2 stageFrozenFerrari's Unnamed RocketFrozenFerrari's White Smokeyrobbdm's Honest JohnJMZawodny's "Glad that isn't me"FrozenFerrari's Mach DiamondsFrozenFerrari's "Above the Pad Cam"FrozenFerrari's Yellow RocketFrozenFerrari's Red Rocket White Smokey motorDizwolf's Unnamed RocketAdrienne Ramey's JerichoStable1's "Fishing at Bong"
Place12345678910111112121111131314151515151616171818181919202122222222222323242425252525252626262626272727272727282929293030303131313131323232323232313131313131313132
SUM31292929292727262424232322222121202019181818181717161515151414131211111111111010998888877777666666555544433333222222111111110

Official results.

Last edited:
Oh, yes. About that. For the image names in the post above, I need a full res photo, sent to my email ([email protected]). In the subject line, I need it as (#Rank) (Photo Name). For example,

#6 burkefj's V2

In the email, I need the full res photo (a link to it is fine).

Below that, please put the following info:
Rocket Name
Motor
Owner of Rocket
Owner of photograph (if different from owner of rocket)
Where taken
When Taken

Bolded info is required. Non bolded info is optional but useful for me.

I will start playing around with the full res pics once I get some. I will post a draft soon. Going camping again this weekend, with no internet. :)

By sending your photo to me, you agree that I have edit rights on the photo.

Sent on #3 and #7. Edit at will. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks again.

Back