TRF Calendar Photos PLEASE SUBMIT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
1. JMZawodny's Upscale Estes Black Star Voyager 31
2. AKSRocket's Orbital Transport 29
3. wfcook's Mega der Drei Max 29
4. qquake2's Upscale Shadow 29
5. Grimracer's Failure 29
6. burkefj's V2 28
7. wfcook's Patriot 27
8. robbdm's Wild Thang Extreme 26
9. JMZawodny's "Sam Delong's CATO" 25
10. Blackbrandt's Deuces 98 24
11. Conman13's 2 stage 23
11. W7AMI's Rocket Silhouette leaving pad 23
11. burkefj's Pershing 1A 23

Bolded photos have already been submitted. If your photo is not bolded, I need it submitted ASAP.

For the image names in the post above, I need a full res photo, sent to my email (bassmattf@gmail.com). In the subject line, I need it as (#Rank) (Photo Name). For example,

#6 burkefj's V2

In the email, I need the full res photo (a link to it is fine).

Below that, please put the following info:
Rocket Name
Motor
Owner of Rocket
Owner of photograph (if different from owner of rocket)
Where taken
When Taken

Bolded info is required. Non bolded info is optional but useful for me.

I will start playing around with the full res pics once I get some. I will post a draft soon.

Thank you to everyone who has submitted a photo.

Here is the link to vote:
https://goo.gl/forms/mZy2yXAgmh

The voting will work as follows:

I will post a link to a google form. Each entry that met all eligibility requirements has the picture's owner's name, the name of the picture (most determined by me), a link to the picture, and a checkbox. Check the checkbox if you want to vote for the photo. If you do not want to vote for the photo, leave it blank.

Please only vote once, but you can vote for as many photos as you want.

The photos are in chronological order (approximately) of seconds.

Pm me or email me if you have questions, concerns, or appeals.

Last edited:
Please remove JMZawodny's "Glad that isn't me" since it is redundant with JMZawodny's "Sam Delong's CATO"

Sorry/Thanks!

Can't see any of "frozenferrari"s photos.
thanks for doing this, Matt!

Nate

Last edited:
Please remove JMZawodny's "Glad that isn't me" since it is redundant with JMZawodny's "Sam Delong's CATO"

Sorry/Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, but I am unable to remove it because the form has been made public. I will simply ignore the votes given to that one.

Last edited:
Voted. Note: Jeff Gortatowsky's Red Max is actually mine, kelltym88, but Jeff took the picture. There are alot of great pictures.

Some images did not open for me, and the very small files were hard to make a determination on... But I voted on enough images to fill multiple calendars.

Sorry about that. After pasting well over 60 links, a few of them may have gotten the non-full-res images. I will see if I can fix some of those.

Thanks!

Hmmm... let me try to fix that.

OK, I was unable to directly link the image, for some reason, but I was able to link the photos back to TRF.

Last edited:
thanks for your time in doing this BB
Anyway to get a Thumbnail view of the pages' pics all at once?

I thought the submissions went until the 17th. today being the 17th, they are already closed. Did submission actually end on the 16th? I'm not sure i will have time to submit anything anyway, but still curious.

What I said was that it closed on the 17th. So, it closed early this morning.

Voted...Tried to keep in mind that a little of everything as the hobby goes in the pics. Includeding backgrounds, people, empty launch pads, etc.
I was kinda dissapointed I did not see more than 1 Odd Rock? Not sure the one that is there is actually a odd rock.
Most of them deserve to be on calendars. Maybe 2 different ones?

WW... I understand, but remember that I have absolutely no say over what people submit. If nobody submitted odd-roc photos, or empty launch pads, then nobody submitted them. If they were submitted, you could have seconded them.

I am only going to do 1 calendar. If you would like to do your own, then you may.

Matt,,
That King Viper isn't mine...
It's Al Gloer's...
I just took the shot...

Teddy

none of frozenfararis images opened for me. they all linked to the original post on TRF and (at least for me) all the images are broken in that post.

Most of them are video grabs. So keep that in mind. They dont blow up as well as a nice SLR image.

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.06.55 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.06.19 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.05.37 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.05.11 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.04.46 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.03.33 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.03.11 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.02.00 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.01.25 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 1.55.54 PM.jpg

I guess we should each vote for 12?

I voted but only voted for a few, should I vote again and make it a total of 12

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

BTW, just got back from a weekend trip, so sorry for the delay on PM's. I looked over the spreadsheet of results. Highest scores at the moment are AKSRocket's Orbital Transport, wfcook's Mega Der Drei Max, and JMZAwodny's Black Star Voyager, all with about 20 points each.

Keep voting!

voted.

Any word as to the official calendar layout?? Like 2-3 pictures per page, since there are SO many good ones here? I think that might fit better than just 12 full-scale photos because of the aspect ratios. 2 side-by-side portraits > 1 portrait letterboxed to landscape IMHO

The first one the smoky against the dark clouds and mountains was my fav, and the best looking one in the bunch, witch is saying a lot because they all rocked it was hard to pick.

I would have to agree with Hnefi way to many good shots to leave them out.

TA

I apologize for this, but during some editing of the spreadsheet, I may have lost a few vote results. If you voted BEFORE 19:12:35 on 10/20, your vote is OK. Anybody who voted after that, please go and re-vote. Sorry about this.

I apologize for this, but during some editing of the spreadsheet, I may have lost a few vote results. If you voted BEFORE 19:12:35 on 10/20, your vote is OK. Anybody who voted after that, please go and re-vote. Sorry about this.

Matt my greatest compliments..
You are truly a great,, honest young man..
I can't wait to meet you and when we meet
you are welcome to torture me as much as you like.... lol

Teddy

Voted. However there was one that I had seconded that didn't make it... Ah well, maybe next year

Back