Space Needle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAHagen

Reaction score
So I was thinking that It would be cool if I could build a rocket for my mom for Christmas, and though it would be cool if I could combine her job as a Lab technician, with my hobby of rocketry! From this I came up with the idea of building an oddroc that looks like a syringe So I went into RockSim and designed a rough model of the rocket. This is what i've come up with:

space needle.jpg

It's a rough design at best and is going to change once I get closer to finalizing the design. So what do you guys think? A worthy Oddroc? :)

Give it your best shot!

I'm sure Thirsty will say "Sew What?" :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I still will need to finalize the design but once it's read I'll start building it. One problem I seem to be having right now is that Rocksim says it should be stable but the 2d flight profile shows it spinning out of control after a couple hundred feet. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is the problem since the stability margin is 1.6 calipers.

After a little more consideration, I'm thinking the cause of the rotation is because i'm putting too powerful of a motor in the rocket. I was using a G64, but when I used an F15, or an F10 the rocket flew perfectly!

Back