Sad Sad News for Rocketry Warehouse....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
It is with great sadness that I must report some very sad news from Rocketry Warehouse… Gisele (DiDi) Blough (Floyds Wife) Unexpectedly passed away yesterday due to a massive heart attack… She was only 61 and will be sorely missed by all.

DiDi & Floyd ran RW as a team and we all know they made many a rocketeer very happy when they found that brown box sitting on their door step. Even though DiDi & Floyd were Curtis’s in-laws it was they who were the true back bone of RW.

I knew DiDi personally and I know I for one will miss her… She was always so happy and appreciative and always had a smile on her face. She was also a master seamstress and did all the sewing for all the RW products. She also invented their StarChutes, Chute protectors, drogues and even their custom shock cords.

Needless to say there are order’s placed and in various stages of being packaged and shipped, in fact that’s exactly what she was doing when this happened. I was asked by the family to let everyone know that they WILL receive their items but that they please give the family some time to grieve and handle all the services.

Thank you for your understanding.

PS If anyone would like to send a card you can do so here:

Rocketry Warehouse
971 Soaphollow Rd
Hollsopple, Pa 15935

Last edited:
Oh jeez...That is TERRIBLE news. Forget the orders, focus on life.

Thoughts sent out, what a sad happening.

Miki and I very sad to hear this news. Take care Floyd. We talked to DiDi in KS one year and talked to her many times over the phone.She was a great lady.

Thank you Gisele for all the great RW products you've supplied me with these past years - they did indeed make me happy.
Thoughts and well wishes to Floyd and all the RW family.

clear skies, s6

Oh my, shocking news. I cannot imagine the loss and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Very sad to hear this. Condolences to Floyd and his entire family.

Sad news indeed. Heartfelt condolences for a very nice and talented lady. For Floyd, Curtis and the whole Rocketry Warehouse crew my thoughts and heart go out to you. Her spirit will forever be a part of RW for us. She was a great lady. Peace in your heart my friends.

Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to the family. She will always be there in your heart and memories

Very sad to hear about this loss.

Condolences and prayers sent

Ouch. There are no words. It is always terrible to lose a loved on suddenly like that.

Condolences and prayers conveyed via a messageboard seem like not enough... nevertheless, the RW family has mine.

Really sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing with us. Sorry I never had the pleasure to place an order yet.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with the family
I'll assemble my Formula 38 with you guys in mind:(

Nate

I am very sorry to hear this. Deepest condolences to family and friends.

Back