Extreme 12 Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
A while back I won an Estes Extreme 12 on ebay. When I got it, the kit was in really rough shape. All body tubes were destroyed. I have one good fin from each stage for a pattern and the half the decals are gone. The good news is that the seller reimbursed me in full and I got to keep what is left. I'm still working on getting the replacement parts.

Question for anyone who has built this - any mods you would suggest? Any tricky parts of the build? Is it a good flier?

Here is a link to mine: https://www.angelfire.com/space/r_watkins/EstesExtreme12.html
It is built but I haven't flown it yet. It was a pretty straight forward build I had no problems. One nice feature is that it includes two of the new Estes 24 mm. engine retainers. I have seen a couple of them fly at my rocket club launches. Fly it on a still day. It gets way up there. It has a tendency to weathercock somewhat too.

Rocketron

I have been working on replacement parts for this build. I need the length of the upper BT-55. I must have thrown mine out before getting the measurement. Thanks.

I used better elastic for the shock cord. My booster was difficult to assemble, so it needed some heavy repair with the fins. Still needs some final touches and paint. Overall, neat model though.

Back