That Moment ...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
... when one of your children calls you at work to ask if you can take him and one of his siblings to McDonald's to get a soda and Hobby Lobby to buy rockets.

:D

Greg

... when one of your children calls you at work to ask if you can take him and one of his siblings to McDonald's to get a soda and Hobby Lobby to buy rockets.

:D

Greg

Depends on who's idea it was to stop at Hobby Lobby...yours or the kid, who might be trying to curry favor...:clap:

Doesn't it make you feel good that you have finally gotten through to them.
Your the best dad!!!!
Enjoy!!!

Some of the Back Story.

The club that I belong to had its monthly launch last weekend. We have been coming to these launches for over five years and this was the first time that this child actually wanted to do the motor prep, parachute load; basically the whole nine yards. He got jazzed about the whole "rocket thing" and had a great day of flying. Not a perfect day, but a great day. So on the way back home, he wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to get another rocket. I said my usual "We'll see ..." and left it at that. So Monday afternoon is when he called me with the request again. He got a Mongoose and his sister got an Estes RTF-type rocket.

So tonight we worked on the putting together the booster and sustainer units.

I have never pushed rockets on them. I have made rockets for them, but they know largely that this activity was for dad. So, this reaction from one of my children was a bit surprising. If they like rockets I want it to be their passion, one that they own, not something they do just to please me.

How long will this last? Who knows. What I do know is that, for now, I will enjoy the moment.

Greg

Latest posts

Back