4in. BSD Thor question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonight1977

Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help.

I have a 4 in. BSD Thor that I built for my lvl.2 cert that I did back in 2005. Since then it has been in my storage shed. Well my 12 year old which builds and flies rockets noticed it in there while getting out the mower. He has begged me for months to fly it. I caved and told him I would once I figured out the deployment charges because I did my cert flight on motor ejection. I when to put the payload bay on the fin can and noticed the coupler was very loose. When I say loose the tubes rock back and forth. My question is does anyone know what coupler fits BSD tubes?

Thank you,
Dale

They are no longer in business, about 4yrs now.
Loc coupler will work.

Simpler fix, just put some tape on it, till you snug it up where you want it!

Or coat it with epoxy & sand to fit.

My question is does anyone know what coupler fits BSD tubes?

Thank you,
Dale

Yes. www.binderdesign.com Our HD couplers will fit perfectly and are twice as thick walled and longer than the original BSD versions. All of our airframes are from the same manufacturer, run on the same mandrels as the BSD tubing, and we recently had a run of 3" tubing done for 3" airframes and 75mm mounts.

Thanks guys. I think I will just get one of your avionic bay to replace the coupler with.

I remember my first Midpower kit when I got back in to rockets was a binder design Stealth JR.

Back