Who has already started eating the Halloween candy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
I'm guilty. But I did wait two weeks after I bought it to open one bag. That has to count for something.

I have all the Halloween candy I will ever need on hand at all times... That means zero bags. Nobody is going to walk down a 700 ft. unlighted driveway into the woods on Halloween night looking for a house to trick-or-treat at.

I have lived at this house for over 20 years and never have gotten a single trick-or-treater.

Last edited:
I'd probably be into the second bag by now too. So I haven't bought any yet. Keeping an eye on the stock at Target... it doesn't look like they will run out for a week or two.

Need to repurchase Halloween candy this week. For the third time.
But hey, I'm a teacher and I give a lot of it away.
Sometimes.
Ok, rarely.
Chocolate cheers me up.

My wife and I share the same weakness --- Reese's Peanutbutter Cups! Oh, yeah! Usually we manage to hold off until after the big day and just eat the leftovers.

Somebody or other keeps bringing a bag into the office and refilling a community bowl. 'Course the bowl is right behind my chair so when I turn around to get up it is there, looking at me, calling out "Eat me! Eat me!"........
Is it still Halloween candy if it was never intended for trick-or-treaters?

I started to buy this year's supply a couple of weeks ago and it's still in the bag. I did have to sample the stock I had left over from last year to ensure the quality was good enough for the tons of kids who get dropped off from outside my condo complex. There have been some kids living in this complex over the years but never as many as we get every year. I'm about one mile from the New Hampshire state line and we get vans full of their kids dropped off in our target-rich environment.

I'm known for giving out full-size candy bars but I do keep some "punishment" candy around for the teens who don't really make an effort to do much for their costume. If you're wearing your hockey jersey and have a pillow case for your goodies, that's not making an effort and you get the Necco Wafers or Squirrel Nut Zippers (can't eat that with any orthodontia installed). If they are carrying their stick, wearing pads or put some of mom's lipstick on as a "scar", that's costuming and they get a full-size.

We don't buy it. We take the grand kids around the neighborhood to get all the candy I need. There is always candy a kid don't even like.

My sister and I will beta test that full size candy for ya... We are known for testing the butterfingers, twix, and reeses really well... :p Does dressing up as a rocket scientist count? *Throws on thunderstruck Tshirt and puts burnt AP all over arms to make it look like he has been cleaning motor cases*
I started to buy this year's supply a couple of weeks ago and it's still in the bag. I did have to sample the stock I had left over from last year to ensure the quality was good enough for the tons of kids who get dropped off from outside my condo complex. There have been some kids living in this complex over the years but never as many as we get every year. I'm about one mile from the New Hampshire state line and we get vans full of their kids dropped off in our target-rich environment.

I'm known for giving out full-size candy bars but I do keep some "punishment" candy around for the teens who don't really make an effort to do much for their costume. If you're wearing your hockey jersey and have a pillow case for your goodies, that's not making an effort and you get the Necco Wafers or Squirrel Nut Zippers (can't eat that with any orthodontia installed). If they are carrying their stick, wearing pads or put some of mom's lipstick on as a "scar", that's costuming and they get a full-size.

I buy big bags of candy corn and stash them away in my desk in the office for a few months. Around Easter, I'll put a jar of candy corn out on the file cabinets... I do the same with other holidays - candy canes in June, Easter candy in November, candy hearts in December...

Sent a pm woody. Need to figure somethings out.

My sister and I will beta test that full size candy for ya... We are known for testing the butterfingers, twix, and reeses really well... :p Does dressing up as a rocket scientist count? *Throws on thunderstruck Tshirt and puts burnt AP all over arms to make it look like he has been cleaning motor cases*

That would show a lot more effort than many of the slackers that come around here.
Butterfingers happen to be among the leftovers from last year. I won't be sampling them as they seem stale when they're produced. I prefer the Clark bar (if that's still around).
I should save my sweet tooth for post launch debriefings and lay off the candy at home.

Ate one of the 100 we have. Have a hard time getting past these guys.
IMG_20131027_155130_438.jpg

My wife buys it and will know if a bag is open. Hence, I don't touch anything! Enough said; it's just not worth it.

Like TB I love the peanut butter cups. Once Halloween is here, the bags are open and there is no way to know if the little kids got theirs or the big kids (like myself) have gotten theirs.

be the terror of the parents...hand out chococolate covered coffee beans :).
Rex

be the terror of the parents...hand out chococolate covered coffee beans :).
Rex

I ate something like a quarter pound of these things one time and didn't sleep for 2 nights. I might have hallucinated a bit.

I can't resist. I don't have kids but I buy Halloween candy. I am sucker for the spooky decorations on the bags!

I was giving a bag of treats at work today.
I had to eat them.
It was the correct thing to do.

We USED to LOAD UP on BAGS of candy at the drug stores after every holiday when they sold for a 3rd of the price.
We had a bowl full of crap at every corner in this place.
Not anymore. Eat a little here and there. Like today.. :lol:
I still like me chocolate..I'll grab a bar of the real dark stuff once in awhile.

samething over me mother inlaws place. Seems like 100s come down out of the hills.
She lives in a small hood and everyone comes to play.
Havent had a soul come to me house yet on Halloween.
Could be the 700 foot pitch dark drive, up into the unknown. BOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwwOOLLLLLLL

Last edited:
I forgot about Halloween and candy. For me now it's about "Haunts" and riding roller coasters at night in the cold and, hopefully, rain.

Back