Michiana Rocketry November Launches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etoyoc

Reaction score
There will be two launch weekends for Michiana Rocketry this November. Due to some conflicting information that was sent out, we will hold launches on both the 15th and 16th of November (sorry for the conflict with Indiana Rocketry) and on the 22nd/23rd. We are planning on having a night launch on the 22nd.

As an additional item of interest, the port-a-potty build team believes that the port-a-pot rocket "Thrusting the Throne" is ready for launch. They will have one more meeting to go over final details. The plan is to launch this special rocket at the 22nd/23rd launch.

thustingthrone.jpg

The field was soybeans this year and they had already begun harvesting last weekend. A member checked out the field on Saturday and said it looked flat and smooth. We are anticipating much better field conditions this year!

HEY Its almost that time!

1) We are keeping an eye on the weather. Saturday currently looks iffy. The weather may be good enough for a launch but not good enough for "Thrusting the Throne". Watch the Thrusting the Throne facebook page and the Michiana Rocketry website for information. We will be making weather decisions on Thursday; however, check the sites again before leaving for the launch.

2) We have tried to map out parking areas for media, flyers, and spectators. We really don't know how many flyers and spectators we will have. If you are bringing a trailer, please let it be known on the Thrusting the Throne page so that we can try to accommodate you.

I plan on being there Saturday

Hopefully I can find some VMAX there for the Super Jart :)

Sorry folks, the weather is not going to cooperate. We are scrubbing the launch for this weekend. We are rescheduling for December 6th and 7th.

I got an e-mail from Jay at Impulsebuy. He won't be able to make the 6th. So I will bring out my CTI stock. Also if you want to take advantage of my Black Friday sale and save shipping we can do the e-mail/Paypal thing and I will bring it to the launch.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Thanks for the update on Impulse Buys and letting us know about working the BF sale that way! I will pass that info on.

I have tried to weigh in on the height projection on the facebook page.... https://www.facebook.com/thrustingthethrone
but it's not working.

I wanna know if this is an empty "can" or if it will have been set up for public use BEFORE the launch. If so, the height estimates could be crappy!

I don't wanna discourage any of your enthusiasm, but my estimate is that it's gonna stay under 20 feet off the ground, regardless. So I'm claiming the low end/failure end of the scale. But I say, shoot for the stars, guys!

I don't know why you haven't been able to weigh in. The official contest was on the Poly John's page https://www.facebook.com/polyjohnenterprises... They have recently gotten involved. They are the company that actually made the john for its first life as a Joy's John.

We are hoping that nobody tries to use it as an actual John before the launch. There will be other Joy's Johns there at the field and accidents can happen 1 or 2 times I suppose.

Technically it has been used before. It is well used and still has the cleaning record inside the john. It has been retired due to fatigue.

20 ft on just shy of a P motor? Dang! That will still be an exciting launch! Maybe everyone should bring a change of shorts!

Rocket waggon loaded. Countdown to the porta potty. And a mess of other rockets.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.

Back