Do West Systems 209 Hardener pumps fit Aeropoxy 1 Pint Cans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
I had this idea that I could use West Systems 209 Hardener pumps for the one pint cans of Aeropoxy ES6209.

Seeing as how I'd be using the same pumps for resin and hardener, the 1:1 ratio for Aeropoxy would be maintained.

I've never seen anything here on TRF about interchangeability between these two systems.

Last edited:
I doubt it.
I tried a while back with the Laminating version of Aero Poxy .
The openings aren't the same.

JD

I'll second that. I bought two sets of the West Marine 300 pump set. Used two of the 209 pumps for my 1 pint cans of Aeropoxy 6209 and then had a set of 105/205 pumps for my West System laminating epoxy.

Thanks to all who replied.

The answer is yes, the West Systems 209 pumps do fit on 1-pt cans of Aeropoxy 6209 adhesive but it's a thick fluid compared to the West Systems laminating epoxy which has no additives out of the can.

It took a LONG time to get the west systems 209 pumps to prime/fill with the Aeropoxy.

With patience, they seem to be working just fine. I've been using the same pumps and adhesive for about 9 months now and still working just fine.

Back