More Madcow Minis added to our Mini line up.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Madcow Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We just added a few more Madcow Minis to our existing lineup. Also restocked the ones that we ran out of - sorry trying to keep these all in stock, but they are popular :)

Thinwall FG Mini kits only $30 ? Whoa... I need to find $30 in my couch cushions!

Last edited:
Thinwall FG Mini kits only $30 ? Whoa... I need to find $30 in my couch cushions!

Yes, we try to do a nice intro price for first production runs to get the kits out there for the early birds. Intro prices are for a limited time and then we'll return to the regular price :)

Do you offer a dual deploy option for these?
What room is there to put electronics in the nose cone?

I'm asking because it looks like even a 1 grain 29mm F motor will take them to 2000+ft and a 3 grain G would be 4500+ft, so it seems like DD would be a good idea.

Do you offer a dual deploy option for these?
What room is there to put electronics in the nose cone?

I'm asking because it looks like even a 1 grain 29mm F motor will take them to 2000+ft and a 3 grain G would be 4500+ft, so it seems like DD would be a good idea.

Great idea - we'll get on that.

The nose cone is the same Cesaroni Polycarbonate that the other 38mm thin fiberglass minis are using.

I was about to order one but they are out of 1.6"X12" tubes.

Oops, be careful. The minis are the thin-wall fiberglass and the 1.6x12 tubes are thick-wall. It will work, but you'll have a bump between the nose cone/payload and the payload/fin can. Probably an 8" tube, 4" coupler and a bulk plate should do right? We have the coupler and bulk plate, just need to cut up some thin-wall tube. Hang on... :)

hanging on....

I'll bite on one of the mini thin wall at that price if the DD option can be swung. A stretched DD mini batray? hmmmm....

Oops, be careful. The minis are the thin-wall fiberglass and the 1.6x12 tubes are thick-wall. It will work, but you'll have a bump between the nose cone/payload and the payload/fin can. Probably an 8" tube, 4" coupler and a bulk plate should do right? We have the coupler and bulk plate, just need to cut up some thin-wall tube. Hang on... :)

A couple of bulk plates would be good. Anyway - my money is now where my mouth is - Batray ordered. Will probably order the DD upgrade when it's available.

A 4" coupler works with a RRC2+ and lipo battery. 9v battery is hard to fit in that length/diameter.

Mine arrived today. I love the perfect match between the TW tubing and the new poly nose cones. I have several lengths of 38mm TW tubing in stock, so building up a dual deploy will not be that hard. I really like the Mini AGM-33 Pike - Thanks!

mini Bat-ray ordered. Will see about DD when they are available. Its not like I won't be putting in a black Friday order that I can add the DD to...

Ordered and received the mini Pike in 2 days! Have a few repair projects on the bench, as soon as they are done, I'll start a build thread on it, also interested in a thin wall payload section upgrade for it................

Mini batray received. It looks like it will be compatable with the Wildman minis, so I will probably just use the DD set up I made for those. But you never know what will end up in my cart in the future.

Back