NEW MWP DRAG RACE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rockets must have a working parachute not (loose shroud lines) or streamers or forgotten quick links "Jason". This will be checked at the rso , no excuses.

Ah, yes, I forgot the Griffin rule (er, habit).

OK I see there needs to be a little resemblance of control here.
The rockets must have a working parachute not (loose shroud lines) or streamers or forgotten quick links "Jason". This will be checked at the rso , no excuses.
Substitute runners are acceptable. "We are getting a little old"
Motor deals will be on first come first serve basis Saturday morning you must show up at the Wildman trailer with your rocket ready to go to receive your motor deal.
Anyone seen pushing or shoving or tripping will automatically be disqualified, unless you are tripping Gus or Steve and Tim D's Grand kids all 30 of them, then its OK.
The race will be on Saturday at 10 we are pushing the button , providing weather is not a problem .
The winner will receive the 4" version of the rocket a they flew to win.

4" version of the Wildman??? Level 3 here I come!... LoL run kids run!!!

4" version of the Wildman??? Level 3 here I come!... LoL run kids run!!!
Not around here, waiver too low. You need a six incher for that in these parts. Sure is a generous prize, wish I could be there to not win it!

I'm going to attach the rocket to my fishing pole, set the drag on heavy for a low flight & then real it in right back to me while it's still coming down, while I'm stand at the LCO table.

Mike

OK I see there needs to be a little resemblance of control here.
Substitute runners are acceptable. "We are getting a little old"
Motor deals will be on first come first serve basis Saturday morning you must show up at the Wildman trailer with your rocket ready to go to receive your motor deal.
Anyone seen pushing or shoving or tripping will automatically be disqualified, unless you are tripping Gus or Steve and Tim D's Grand kids all 30 of them, then its OK.
The race will be on Saturday at 10 we are pushing the button , providing weather is not a problem .
The winner will receive the 4" version of the rocket a they flew to win.

Should be pretty easy to break/ignore most of those. Now I just have to figure out which 4" kit I want.

Not true, u can do a 4in for level 3 staying well below the 16k waiver....unless ur at the Bong?

Not around here, waiver too low. You need a six incher for that in these parts. Sure is a generous prize, wish I could be there to not win it!

Although I would love to participate in this little sideshow contest....is it just me or does a mental picture of an *Orgastic Scrum* come too mind?
Smoke, flames, parts, pieces....people everywhere seconds after the countdown.
I know I'll be watching from a safe distance....a very safe distance...:surprised:

If I put the rocket nose down on the pad, with the ejection charge boosted, it should leave the pad. The chute will stop it from going to far. :)

The whole family is in. All three of us will be flying.
Increases the odds of winning in my opinion......
Has anyone ruled out 50# test FireLine on a Zebco 202? May be the perfect strategy for this collection of competitors!
See ya there

Hum.... I can't run anymore (bad ankles). My kids are grown, so no way to get them to play fetch (without paying them). Maybe I can rent some Boy Scouts.

First rocket returned with the following acts completed in a designated area near the RSO table by the flier on the flight card upon receipt of returned rocket (in no specific order):

1. 10 jumping jacks
2. 10 cartwheel
3. 10 pushups

Let's see if the average entrant changes...

Hopefully room for one more got my sport done last night ! Make the old fattys chase there own rockets , more fun to watch and I might have a chance! lol

Can 1 person fly 10 rockets?

as as long as it's not holding up the range or taking away a spot for someone else who wants to participate, I would say go for it. Wildman will have to chime in here about actually being able to win with that sort of advantage. Tim has been known to cheat p, so this may be something he will approve of.

Back