OROC 'Rocketober' 10/17 - 10/19. Brothers Launch Site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryerse

Reaction score
Onsite camping, Vendor, Research Friday & Sunday, Commercial Saturday.
20,500 Agl standing, 42,280 windows. $20 individual, $30 Family.
A Q motor project is standing by for Sunday, special conditions will apply.
www.oregonrocketry.org

I will most certainly be there.
Hopping desperately for clear skies this year.

Any word on if the fighter wing will be interfering with our launch schedule?

Any update on the Q motor project?
My notes indicate that the waiver will be activated for TRA research on Monday, October 20 as well for those who wish stay late and fly using their own GSE. I suspect the "usual" contingents will be there for the extra day. ;)
Chuck - haven't heard anything about the fighter wing yet. I suspect Alan will know something early next week. Stay tuned... And yes, I'm desperate for clear skies as well!

Trying really hard to escape Thursday night, but that's shaping out to be unlikely with school, work, and all the other factors. Hence, I plan to be there first thing Friday morning and can't wait to fly my CTI M840 which has been waiting since BALLS - damn cloud cover. Code Blue is fully prepped/assembled and will fly at the first available opportunity, weather depending. Should do about 19K. I'm also bringing my NXRS RTV to fly on a K, though not sure which one yet. Oh yeah, and a rocket for the sparky dragrace! :)

Again, weather permitting, this should be a most excellent launch as it usually is. I know of several N-impulse flights as well as at least 3 different 2-stage attempts scheduled to go next weekend, one of which I'll be helping support.

Your dingbat secretary is a little behind on his duties...but expect a website update and some meeting minutes soon.

Well I'm going to bring along the X-Plane. Rumor has it that someone is going to give me a motor to fly it on.

I hope to have the "B" version of my new Bluetube project ready to fly on an I170-G.

For the sparky challenge drag race, I'll be loading up a Loki I316 Spitfire. Bring on your skidmark, metalstorm, darkmatter, or whatever....

Maybe we should drag race our NXRS RTV's????

A free motor? Is that a hint? :wink:
Look forward to seeing your new rocket! I had a 30K attempt planned for this launch, but after the rocket's misfortune at BALLS, that flight is scrubbed until next year.

I'm thinking about an I327DM in my 3" PML Miranda, although I need to do some shopping for a motor as this will be the first sparky I'll have flown this season...

An NXRS RTV dragrace would be fun! Is that what you're flying the I316 Spitfire in?

The Q project is Peter Ekstrom's keg rocket that wasn't able to fly at Balls, yes?

An NXRS RTV dragrace would be fun! Is that what you're flying the I316 Spitfire in?

No, the I316 Spitfire will fly in my Binder Design Certifire. That NXRS rocket is too big to drag race against your Miranda.

No, the I316 Spitfire will fly in my Binder Design Certifire. That NXRS rocket is too big to drag race against your Miranda.
Should be a nice combination!
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the Miranda flight will also serve as my Raven test launch. Risky move? Maybe...

Looks like Friday will not be the best day for rockets, weather-wise. The 2 fighter wings (Portland and KFalls) will have us shut down likely until 1:30 that day as well. Saturday and Sunday look good!

I'll be there Friday morning and have the following flights planned:
Code Blue - CTI M840
NXRS RTV - K1103X
Miranda - I327DM

Rockets will be ready - just not sure when Mother Nature will be ready, as well...

Launch duty sign-up sheet can be found here:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e48a4ad2ca46-rocketober

Please don't forget that I'm looking for expended 38mm and 54mm single use motors if any are flown.

Thanks!
Jim

Well... I was planning on going down Thursday and coming back Monday, but as of 3 hours ago, I don't have a truck working that will get me there. Crapola.

If I can get it fixed tomorrow (today), I may be there Friday through Sunday. Fingers crossed!

Well... I was planning on going down Thursday and coming back Monday, but as of 3 hours ago, I don't have a truck working that will get me there. Crapola.

If I can get it fixed tomorrow (today), I may be there Friday through Sunday. Fingers crossed!

Yikes, what happened? Hope to see you Friday...

Dunno what happened, just the the turbo pump isn't doing anything at the moment and it is a necessity for getting up those hills!

Now if I had a spare M motor or two to fix to the back of the truck......

.... i would burn a hole in the front of the trailer!

Dunno what happened, just the the turbo pump isn't doing anything at the moment and it is a necessity for getting up those hills!

Now if I had a spare M motor or two to fix to the back of the truck......

.... i would burn a hole in the front of the trailer!

I can see it now... Mythbusters taking on the JATO car once more (Round 4) because someone actually tries it.

I *STILL* want to see a 1966 Chevy Impala smash into a "mountain" from a starting point 2 miles away at 200mph. The idea I have is drop an Impala out of a cargo plane or from a helicopter at 2 miles up, and have a drogue or chute that will keep the front pointed down and allow it to impact the earth (some dry rocky area (Moab?)) at 200mph (give or take a few mph). Have a few sacrificial cameras attached to it (perhaps one inside of Buster's head looking out his eyes), and film the whole fall.

While they're at it, film a hot water heater "launch" from launch to apogee and "landing", and keep it in frame. I would like it to have a camera or two attached to it... hmmm Perhaps with their own parachutes that deploy at apogee and watch the fall from a 'bird's eye view'.

Let me just say that Saturday at the Brothers launch site was simply a fantastic day for flying rockets.

Back