Dog House Rocketry Introduces a new line of Charge Wells

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waywayanda

Reaction score
We have in stock the first of a new line of charge wells. These charge wells are designed to minimize the footprint on your bulkheads by combining a charge well with a terminal block. These are great for smaller minimum diameter rockets as you can easily fit a 0.5g size well on a 29mm bulkhead, and two 0.5g wells are possible on a 38mm bulkhead. The kits are sold in pairs with the all the mounting hardware, and 6" wire pigtails to interface to your existing harnesses.

Every effort has been made to reduce the footprint so we have taken advantage of the small format 4-40 hardware. Yes, these are small nuts and washers,and you will likely not find the one dropped in the grass - but we have included a couple spares for those occasions.

We currently have the 0.5g size in stock and have 1.5g and a larger 2.8-3.0g size in testing. We will let you know when those are in stock.

NOTE: We now have 1.5g and 3g in stock.

well-term_0.5_side.jpg38mm_well_closeup.jpg
Bulkhead not included.

Please check them out at www.doghouserocketry.com.

Last edited:
Excellent!
As soon as you have the 1.5g version available, expect to see some more of my money!

s6

Excellent!
As soon as you have the 1.5g version available, expect to see some more of my money!

s6

+2...looking forward to the larger sizes. May even retrofit my older rockets--love the simplicity.

Ordered a few of the .5g sets, hope I get them before the end of the week. ROC is coming up next weekend...

I also got my order today. Great product and fast service.

Ben

Will, Ben,
Thanks for the nice words. The larger sizes are in work and I should have stock in a week or so.

One thing to keep in is that the screws are part of the circuit, so you need to be sure that nothing metal (quick links, swivels, metal tape, etc) touches them or it may short out the e-match. I recommend wrapping the screws/ low part of the well in electrical tape to protect them from metal objects and corrosive debris.

Based on a great suggestion by a good customer, we now offer these Charge Well/Terminals with either crimped wire pigtails or uncrimped (e.g. (4) ring lugs and (4) pieces of wire).

This gives you the option of crimping the ring lugs onto your existing wiring harness such as our wire with locking connectors. Just be sure to do a tug test to verify a solid crimp.

Back