MWP 12: What Are You Flying?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finishing touches on the "Evil Twin" to "Falco Peregrinus"

1414455342552.jpg

Attachments

• 1414455213888.jpg
    1414455213888.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
Paint just blistered under clear coat. Looks crappy, but it will have to fly that way now. Did it the same way I did the red one. Krylon clear, colors' and primer over duplicolor adhesion promoter. :(
BUMMER

Finishing touches on the "Evil Twin" to "Falco Peregrinus"
Maybe it will be like a golfball, more aerodynamic with rippled paint.

Got sucked into the peer pressure thing if you ask my wife. I'm in the 6in V2 drag race...

Mike Smeltzer

Paint just blistered under clear coat. Looks crappy, but it will have to fly that way now. Did it the same way I did the red one. Krylon clear, colors' and primer over duplicolor adhesion promoter. :(
BUMMER

Don't worry, it will look good from a hundred feet out going BANZAI fast in the sky! I never get good paint jobs this time of year....seems like too much moisture in the air around here.

Interesting. You learn something everyday day I guess. I manually determined the CG by putting everything in place accept the engine and balancing it. I then told RockSim where the actual CG was. I had carefully measured all the parts and corrected a file I found online to match my measurements. Mr. Barrowman was showing the CP at 32 inches from the nose. When I change it to the RockSim calculations it shows the CP at 35.25 With the extra 3.25 inches she would be 2.0 stable empty. Now that is with a crap ton of lead in the nose (because I thought I needed it). Luck for me I designed it so I could add or remove the nose weights, so I think I'll be OK with about half what I had planned to use nose weight wise.

Thanks for the suggestion to change the CG calculations!

Getting closer....

-Green Mamba fully prepped with an M2250 Sparky
-O Boy booster complete; loaded with the O25,000. Electronic and recovery system work to be completed.
-6" V-2: Need to finish the electronics and recovery and have a trusty group of friends assemble an M3100 for me on Fri Night :sad::y::eyepop::)
-Supersport: Booster is finished and loaded with the super secret Mach motor...need to finish up the top internals.

It'll be a busy day or two getting ready...see you all Saturday!

-Eric-

(cvanc's head explodes)

Te he he. Looking forward to some big V-max's at MWP12! Can't wait to see your Ult. DS fly straight on the N10K too!

When I posted the teaser photo of the motor by the fincan a few weeks back, I discovered that very few people recognize an O25,000's distinctive ORANGE thrust ring. Should be a fun weekend!

-Eric-

You and me both :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Carl, i'm planning to fly my *Wildman* Frenzy XL on Saturday morning around 10-11am local on my N 10,000. A side by side?
Just a thought....

Could call it "Rumble on the Prarire...Carl vs. Karl". (or just duck and, cover...)

"What's your name son?":eek:

:D "Gustav" sir...

"We can't have an Astronaut named *GUSTAV*!":eek: "What's your middle name?"

:D "Karl" sir...

"Gustav, it is!":eek:

Hey Carl, i'm planning to fly my *Wildman* Frenzy XL on Saturday morning around 10-11am local on my N 10,000. A side by side?
Just a thought....

Could call it "Rumble on the Prarire...Carl vs. Karl". (or just duck and, cover...)

"What's your name son?":eek:

:D "Gustav" sir...

"We can't have an Astronaut named *GUSTAV*!":eek: "What's your middle name?"

:D "Karl" sir...

"Gustav, it is!":eek:

LOL you are ON!

(as long as I can have the larger pad :p)

LOL you are ON!

(as long as I can have the larger pad :p)

No problem my friend! I just want too hear the "CONCUSSIVE WHUMP" from both going off at the same time!:grin: I'll probably see you tomorrow morning...we'll talk about it then. ;)

My V2 is about to win the drag race altitude competition... 39,000 feet plus or minus a little ;)

(And hey Eric we are in the same boat construction wise, I've got a pair of ubolts to put in still...)

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1414719484.766974.jpg

Back