MWP 12: What Are You Flying?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
Ok, only four weeks away. What are You flying at MWP this year?

My Plans:

Semroc Blue Bird Zero (modified, look it up!) on an Cesaroni G150
Loc Big Nuke on the new Aerotech L1000
75 mm Hydra (the big one) on an Aerotech L2200

2a.jpg 2b DSC09914.jpg Hydra 4.6 X official picture .jpg

Some of my other old stuff, time permitting

My Batray will make its maiden voyage (paint is in progress, CTI I180SK waiting to go)
Wildman Sport in a drag race hopefully.
Lil Nuke on a G (always fun).
Loc Aura will also make a few flights.

1412374918260.jpg

1412375069332.jpg

Only 4 weeks? Geesh, I ran out of weekends to get stuff done!!!

I guess this is what I am hauling. I won't be launching Friday, but should be there Saturday and Sunday

Rocketry Warehouse Lil Rascal - maybe just an H-123
Badazz Rocketry Defender MK III - I161
Scratch built Do or Do Not, There Is No Trident, I357
Estes MDRM H165
Wildman Superjart Loki G69
Scratch built Revenge of Squat Daddy... dunno on the motor
Wildman Darkstar mini dual deploy???? (will be building dual deploy in hotel room)
Estes modified Ventris on an H-123?
Pink Mosquito on F39 for breast cancer awareness month (even though it would then be November)

A pair of night launch rockets.. scratch built rockets: Something Twisted That Way Goes & I forgot its name ... single use F sized motors....

My list so far, trying to fly 2-3 rockets per day, time/weather permitting.......

Scratch built all glass 7.5in "Big Red" on an AT N2000WL

Ultimate Darkstar on an AMW M2200skid

Competitor 5 on an EX M1650 Albino

Dominator 4 on an EX M1165 Sparky 1

Intimidator 5 on an EX M1140 Redneck

6in scratch cluster "Yellow" on an AMW L1300bb airstarting 2 CTI I223skids

3.5 in Amraam on an EX K573 Redneck

Hope to get them all in!!

Preston

only little stuff for me
Loc Weasel on a few F flights.. maybe a G (metal storm? :)) if the weather cooperates and I'm not losing rockets
Estes super alpha on c6-5
starlight queeze bee (now with fixed fin!) on whatever
estes hornet on c6-5
estes photon probe- c6-5 if it cooperates
Rocketarium Daedalus on double D power! if I can get a new one and get it built in time

mostly I just want to see the big stuff go up.. hopefully I can catch a few of the drag races

If my L3 certification is successful on the 11th, I'll fly my 10" Polecat Fat Man at MWP for its second flight on a big L or a small M. I'll also try to get a flight on my 6" V2, maybe a L995. We'll see what my wallet looks like come MWP; L3 prep/build has been twice as expensive as I calculated. I'm sure everyone discovers this... Otherwise, just assorted smaller rockets, like my 4" DD Batray on something like a J350 and my 4" Phoenix on something like a H242. And a couple low power rockets, just for fun since they're way cheaper to fly. lol

Gonna load up a 7.5" Standard Arm with some titanium belching skids!!

Central Amw K500 and 4 CTI J520's
4" SWAT on a K830 Loki Spitfire (Drag Race entry)

20140703_164214.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

*What are you flying?*

That's a SECRET...

Something to amaze, something to amuse and, something to make you go: H:surprised:ly $#!^! (Ok, so maybe some of you...excluding the *Rocket Rev*)

THAT'S ALL you need to know.

Kind of saddened to learn that some of my newer friends will probably not be able to make it this year along with my newest "Mentor-mite" due too having to pay tuition on their oldest daughter in college.
I suggested that the Navy or Air Force was a GREAT way to give your child an edge on life (i vouch highly for the later) *without* using up your rocket travel/expenses....

Either way, my newest EVIL creation goes on the Mandrel tonight....that's right M-a-n-d-r-e-l.
I didn't know Gus had that talent up his sleeves...:eek:

'Team Enerjet' will be making their return to Midwest Power. I'm flying my daughter in from Cambridge and we will be breakin' out the lab coats once again!

For me the focus is a repeat of my somewhat crooked* N10,000 flight of last year. Hoping to put it straight up this time. For Mackenzie, she will be flying her L1 / L2 bird, a LOC Bullet, several times - with a surprise at the top.

Can't wait for Halloween!

*slight understatement :lol:

Four rockets! Only four rockets!

-Wildman SuperSport (SS), secret motor, Wildman Speed Trials

-6" Wildman V-2, M3100WT, MWP annual drag race

-4.13" Green Mamba, Sconnie M2250 Sparky V4; GusTigress Titanium Throne Toss

-8" O Boy, or O Show, or Ok Go, or O Face or something like that, secret motor:wink:, when the skies are blue and Bureau County needs a wake up call! Guaranteed 3:1 flame to rocket ratio!:shock:

-and maybe a few Sconnie Motor Works productions that find their way into others' rockets!

-Eric-

Last edited:
6" X15. 5" Jart. Gizmo XL. 4" dark star..... And the Woket.

WM Extreme L3200VM & M....something
Comp 3 K270WL and a Pnoble special
Min Diameter 98 on a K458WL
Hi Tech H45 on a well....H45WL
Mini Comp on a Kosdon I550 Fast if i can fit everything in the rocket, the motor is a little long

Weather permitting, I'm planning at least three flights.

3 in. DarkStar on a K
Dominator 4 on a 75mm 5 grain M
4 in. Jart, motor to TBD

Likely have a couple others in the car, just in case. :wink:

I'll be flying a CTI M-2245. Not positive what it's going in yet, but it's a 50th Birthday Present from my wife. She thinks I'm crazy. I did get her to cert Level 1 this spring, so maybe I am.

What's that hiding in the back of the shop? Is it an "Extreme Wildman" with the fins cut down to gain an extra 1,000 feet and a lot more speed over Tim's? Why it is! It's the "Evil Twin" to "Falco Peregrinus" (Peregrine Falcon) my Level 3 rocket from MWP-8 that was at Mach 1.6 at motor burnout on a AT-Kosdon M-3500. One fast bird that "Falco Peregrinus", but look out this year, for the "Evil Twin" may be loaded with more newtonians.

1412646525207.jpg

Wait I'm confused are we talking about Adrian's L3 project?

Wow, just kick me in the knuts will ya.... I'm making progress. I've got the av bay lids done, will have to tie a bunch of tubular nylon, and probably should test ejection charges.
Still need to drill holes for shear pins and pressure reliefs. I doubt I'll get all that done by the end of the month. We're working six days a week and 10 hr week days, so been a little busy. Besides, I still haven't tossed up an L yet, so I'm not in a huge hurry. It's not a race, right?

Adrian (I know you're just givin me crapola, but I do want to do this eventually, Honest!)

Nah..... that one will be an Urban antique by the time he finishes it!

Well, it already is close, being G10 green glass. Besides, antiques are my other hobby. And the motor is only 9 years old, so it needs to age a little more. Jason proved at Thunderstruck that they're still good, so what's another year?

Adrian (feeling TAP whupped now)

It's the "Evil Twin" to "Falco Peregrinus" (Peregrine Falcon) my Level 3 rocket from MWP-8 that was at Mach 1.6 at motor burnout on a AT-Kosdon M-3500.
Oh awesome-- was this your L3 from back then?
IMG_1574.jpg

Sorry it's blurry :( but I remember that flight. Looking forward to seeing the new one!

Well, it already is close, being G10 green glass. Besides, antiques are my other hobby. And the motor is only 9 years old, so it needs to age a little more. Jason proved at Thunderstruck that they're still good, so what's another year?

Adrian (feeling TAP whupped now)
Hey quit sniveling and get mixing epoxy :D Mad Dog or no, see you at Midwest!

Hey quit sniveling and get mixing epoxy :D Mad Dog or no, see you at Midwest!

Darn, I thought the Midwest had rubbed off on you just a little more. We prefer to say "Errr No". Adding to the pile on Adrian, I can see in the crystal ball an "Er No". But I too look forward to seeing Adrian, and Dave, and Gus, okay all my rocket friends at MWP!!!!

-Eric-

Back