Awareness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
I was inspired by matthewdlaudato's "Let's all fly pink rockets for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!" thread, to design and build an all pink rocket. This is what I came up with. I'm calling it simply, "Awareness". I'll use LOC 3.1" tubing, it will have a 29mm motor mount, and 1/4" plywood fins. For the elliptical nose cone, I'll either turn one from basswood, or order a fiberglass cone. I haven't decided which yet.

This will be a relatively simple build, that I should be able to finish in time for October Skies at TCC.

View attachment Awareness7.ork

decal6.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

If this entire rocket is to be pink, then I think the perfect detail would be to paint the very tip of each of the double fins a nice red.

I just ordered two 30" pink parachutes. We'll see what happens.

Can't wait to see pictures of this!
...and please, this is a family friendly hobby - do not do anything similar for prostate cancer awareness month.

I was inspired by matthewdlaudato's "Let's all fly pink rockets for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!" thread, to design and build an all pink rocket. This is what I came up with. I'm calling it simply, "Awareness". I'll use LOC 3.1" tubing, it will have a 29mm motor mount, and 1/4" plywood fins. For the elliptical nose cone, I'll either turn one from basswood, or order a fiberglass cone. I haven't decided which yet.

This will be a relatively simple build, that I should be able to finish in time for October Skies at TCC.
You know, Capt'n, you just can't quit being my hero! Thanks for the reminder to ALL of us that hopefully a cure can be found.

I KNEW that was coming...hey, what did your Dad look like???

Dad? Is that you?

Lol!

Did the joke remind you of someone you know? Because this kind of thread is right up Dad's alley! If he were posting, the off-color boob-joke puns would be epic, right up to the point he got banned.

Both Mom and Dad are still around and live in San Diego, so there is some small chance you could know them. Do you know any very short bicyclists with an inappropriate sense of humor?

I just thought of a way to add nipples to the fins. I wonder if that would be too risque...

I just thought of a way to add nipples to the fins. I wonder if that would be too risque...

It all depends on the audience. Some people might be a bit scandalized, but I think a lot of people would enjoy it --- I know I would!

Dad? Is that you?

Lol!

Did the joke remind you of someone you know? Because this kind of thread is right up Dad's alley! If he were posting, the off-color boob-joke puns would be epic, right up to the point he got banned.

Both Mom and Dad are still around and live in San Diego, so there is some small chance you could know them. Do you know any very short bicyclists with an inappropriate sense of humor?
I thot I knew everybody in San Diego with an inappropriate sense of humour. Heck, just talking to me..uh ..er.. well..umm

So have you actually started on the construction of this double barrel slingshot yet?

If you mean the over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder, then no, I just ordered the two chutes yesterday. Rocketchutes.com is very fast though, I'll probably have them Monday or Tuesday.

Qquake- this is an intriguing build, can't wait to see the finished project. I just have to make sure not to check Rocketry Forum in public... LOL!

Nate

Boy, it's been a long time since I've built a rocket. I had to clear off all my power tools! I'll fill any horizontal surface with stuff. I have too much stuff...

As usual, I started by cutting out the centering rings, baffle, and bulkhead with a hole saw. They're all 1/4" birch plywood. I used a 3-1/4" saw for the rings and bulkhead, and a 3-1/8" for the baffle. I mounted them on the lathe and cut them all to their final diameter with a coarse file. I also cut the aft body tube to length on the bandsaw, in this case 21".

01_centering_rings.jpg

02_body_tube.jpg

03_centering_rings.jpg

04_centering_rings.jpg

05_centering_rings.jpg

06_centering_rings.jpg

07_baffle.jpg

08_baffle.jpg

Back